New gun, or fix up existing guns?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tulsanewb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Long story short, I am back to being a broke(ish) student to finish a degree I have always wanted. Anyway, I find myself with a little "extra" money and I want to reward myself. I have about enough to get a gun I really want (P30L) OR to add night-sights to a couple I already have, get threaded barrels for a couple pistols that don't have them, and maybe get a coating done. Which would you guys (and gals) go with? Or, the last option would be to do something else (fun) with it.

Any suggestions welcome.

Last edited:

Pharr Shot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, it would probably help us to help you out if you was to say what pistols you're possibly thinking about fixing up.
The HK P30L is an AMAZING pistol, no ifs, ands, or buts about it!
Me, myself am trying really hard to get my hands on one but it's just a bit pricey for me right now at the moment.

mouthpiece

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mike at 2A can put some night sights on your handguns.
Call him and see how much it would be, then you can figure out if you want to invest in your current guns and threaded barrels,
Or if you would rather put the money towards a P30.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I always liked the old saying, "beware of the man with only one gun...he probably knows how to use it."

But then again, nothing makes me more happier than a new gun or new gear.

Damn. What a tough decision have to make.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just buy a new one. fixing up one doesn't give you the same feeling. I know, I got a couple hun'ert I'm gonna upgrade some day but I just keep buyin' a new one every so often.

Jedabug92

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do what makes you happy, i built a lower only to realize that it had distracted me from finishing my .308, so i sold the lower. if youve wanted that gun forever then get it or everytime you look at the sights and barrels youll kick yourself or vice versa

Latest posts

Top Bottom