New gun won’t fire..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Absster

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife has a 38 special and she loves it. Simple operation and easy to conceal. Lot to be said for simple point and shoot of a revolver, especially in a high stress situation. Took a few trips to the range to get used to the double action but she can definitely empty a gun in center of mass, lethally, at self defense distance and she is getting the shot group down to grape fruit size and smaller at 25 yards.

I definitely need to practice. This was my first time shooting and it was with my husbands 45 Glock. My hands were really shaky but I did manage to get 3 in the same spot of the paper and didn’t completely miss the paper.

Attachments

• E4162237-DB7F-4A74-92A7-7C37F2A7B452.jpeg
    E4162237-DB7F-4A74-92A7-7C37F2A7B452.jpeg
    68.1 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:

Absster

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve been searching my house because I swear I saw the key to the lock but can’t find it. Might have to order one. I’d kick myself if I sent it in and it just needed that dumb key.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I definitely need to practice. This was my first time shooting and it was with my husbands 45 Glock. My hands were really shaky but I did manage to get 3 in the same spot of the paper and didn’t completely miss the paper.

Nice first time and while we all need practice, what I see from that target is a dead bad guy!! By the way, we all got the shakes the first time LOL.

Absster

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice first time and while we all need practice, what I see from that target is a dead bad guy!! By the way, we all got the shakes the first time LOL.
Thanks and that is a great point! It would have done the job of what needed to be done. That is good on the shakes..that it is normal. I think it may take me a few times to get over it.

FrankNmac

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve been searching my house because I swear I saw the key to the lock but can’t find it. Might have to order one. I’d kick myself if I sent it in and it just needed that dumb key.

Do you have a local shop that sells the kind of gun you have who could use one of their keys to check?

Absster

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Surely someone in your local area has a key to fit it. If I had a Taurus with a key'd safety, I'd send to you to just try for the fix, but I don't.

That’s very kind of you :) I’m ripping everything out of the safe tomorrow to see if it fell out of the box. It may have not actually came with it, but I thought I remember that it did.

Absster

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I found the key!! It was bothering me so I started emptying the safe. Now I just need to take it back to the gun range and see if it fixes the problem. It was “unlocked” already, but it could have been somewhere in between which I read can be an issue. I read that one guy put loctite on his because they are notorious for working their way back in and causing issues. So if this fixes it, I will sell it and get something else. Or send it in for repair of it doesn’t fix it. Either way, I can’t be looking for a small key in the event that I need it to work and it’s worked it’s way back to locked..ish. I’ll find something else that will work for me.

I appreciate all the help and advice!

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I found the key!! It was bothering me so I started emptying the safe. Now I just need to take it back to the gun range and see if it fixes the problem. It was “unlocked” already, but it could have been somewhere in between which I read can be an issue. I read that one guy put loctite on his because they are notorious for working their way back in and causing issues. So if this fixes it, I will sell it and get something else. Or send it in for repair of it doesn’t fix it. Either way, I can’t be looking for a small key in the event that I need it to work and it’s worked it’s way back to locked..ish. I’ll find something else that will work for me.

I appreciate all the help and advice!

Good deal! If you do look for something in a small platform I can vouch for the Rugar LC9/EC9s platform. Reliable and inexpensive. Just make sure you don't get a CA compliant model as it will have that stupid libby lock.

Latest posts

Top Bottom