New guns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have owned a NEW IN BOX, UNFIRED, 1973 Serial number Colt SP1 rifle. I had it for 2 months and decided it just wasn't any fun. I sold it and bought a new "shooter" AR15 and 1000 rounds of good quality brass ammo. I never looked back. I like to shoot them, BUT I just couldn't make myself shoot that SP1.

RatTerrier

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No dust collecting goin on with my guns. Now if I happened to inherit something that was worth alot of money, I dont know and that'll probly never happen to me anyways. I buy to shoot.

Last edited:

Leemaxx

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
I ain't scared... That being said I was with a buddy of mine at a gun show and he pick up a Kimber Ultra Carry, brand new. So we go to the range to shoot it and he hands it to me and says "you shoot it first, I'm scared". So I took and proceeded to load it and shoot. First three shots were normal the next three went full-auto.:fullauto: He lit up like a 13 year-old discovering his dad's Playboy stash for the first time. So I field stripped it and tried to fix it, but to no avail. Needless to say he is now a little gun shy so to speak on new firearms. Now I'm not bashing Kimber as I had a few with no problems, but for all the problems you could have that one was pretty cool. On a side note he ended up taking back to RJ's from whom he purchased it from and they gave him a full refund, which I thought was pretty dang nice of them. He ended up with a Ultra CDP with no problems.

10Seconds

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have probably 15 in the collection that I have not nor would ever attempt to fire. But if its 1900 or newer it has been put to work at least a few times..

I have not ever shot anything older than 1863. I guess you can call me scared, I just figure its not worth the risk to me or the gun on some of them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom