New Henry Big Boy Revolver

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is the old High Standard Double 9 which I think is the look Henry was shooting for, or at least should have copied. I always wanted one but never ran across one when I had any money to spend, and one in 357 would have been cool too.

Double 9.jpg

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
This is the old High Standard Double 9 which I think is the look Henry was shooting for, or at least should have copied. I always wanted one but never ran across one when I had any money to spend, and one in 357 would have been cool too.

View attachment 367841

That doesn’t even look anything like the Henry.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Because the original Henry rifles loaded from the muzzle and it set the modern Henry apart from all the other lever actions. It was not until people started really bugging Henry about it that they brought out the loading gates. Probably will never be on all models.
Considering that Henry was the Military's first (actual) repeating rifle, a loading gate is much more desirable that loading near the muzzle. Especially in a foxhole or trench.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not totally digging the looks, but as someone has illuded to it looks like the redheaded lovechild of an 1873 Colt Bisley and a S&W model 27...

Glad to see Henry get into the pistol game, but not sure where this is going to lead...

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
They still don't have side gates on at least half their rifles either. I never understood why they took so long to add them either.
And after they finally put side gates on them, they kept the tube loading magazines...makes them look chincy and like it's an afterthought or they just went cheap. That's one of the main reasons I won't get one...coz it looks stupid.

Because the original Henry rifles loaded from the muzzle and it set the modern Henry apart from all the other lever actions.
That only applies to the 1860 models, both brass receivers and the Iron Frame. All their other rifles are Marlin 95 knock-offs that they tried to keep the tube load when it should have been side gate. Weak. This Henry company is not that same one as 160+ years ago. It's a modern company...Name only.

The only Henry I'd pay a dime for is the 1860 model and maybe the PCC once I hear if it's good or junk.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Spencer isnt a repeating rifle. It has to be reloaded after every shot. so, no, its not a repeating rifle
Incorrect. The Spencer was a repeating rifle that loaded thru the butt. Weird but if I remember correctly someone made a 22 that did the same.

Latest posts

Top Bottom