New Pics of the Apollo 11 Landing Site

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Why couldn’t it have been possible to travel 293,000 miles in a craft with the comparably archaic technology of the time, and all on one tank of gas? Because they didn't have a Garmin?

My patriotism isn't so great that it hinders my ability to invoke a little common sense.

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm puzzed by the people who (for real or in jest) claim the moon landing was faked by NASA.
At the time of the mission, several astronomers, including some amateurs, rigged radio telescopes to receive the radio transmissions directly from the capsule without waiting for NASA to receive them. I listened to some of them. In addition, anyone with a properly instrumented laser and telescope can bounce a signal off the reflector left on the lunar surface. If you miss the reflector with the laser, nothing comes back.

Considering the huge number of people that participated in the effort, the pictures of the earth rising over the moon, and the value of the rocks brought back, it seems a little respect for a unique scientific achievement is in order. In view of the current political and social climate, it may not be repeated in our lifetime, nor anything like it.

Ignorance is not a sin, but being proud of it and derisive just might be.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife's uncle worked for McDonald Douglas in St.Louis and was the head engineer of the team who designed the space suits for the U-2, Blackbirds, and the NASA missions. He was an interesting guy to talk with.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My patriotism isn't so great that it hinders my ability to invoke a little common sense.

Easy....You can state your beliefs without insulting and exposing an amount of scientific ignorance on how it was possible, much less how we did it.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
troll.me_images_ancient_aliens_guy_moon_landings_hoax_from_disney_kubrick_and_aliens.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom