New Texoma striper record

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I eat drum also..and carp.
I have not eaten any shad.. but seen an Asian guy saving them and he was going to pickle them.
Sounded good.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I do not know how a sardine smells when taken from the sea.. but tasty stuff..
Cheese smells like butt hole and it is tasty also.. chocolate smells about the same.

I won't turn it down on the first try.
maybe the second try. :)

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I ate a shad live once. Washed it down pretty quick with a beer. Dare. And even had to chew it up good to show it was chewed up.

Nice looking fish from the lake, but as most know, the big ones are below the dam!!!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I eat drum also..and carp.
I have not eaten any shad.. but seen an Asian guy saving them and he was going to pickle them.
Sounded good.

There is no way that could possibly be good.

Drum is excellent! Crayfish is their main diet.

120 acres, I had to go to a tech school a couple of years ago in Vermont. The river that ran between Vermont and New Hampshire was lined with people and fly rods. Shoulder to shoulder for a least a mile that I could see.

I asked the driver if Atlantic salmon season was open. Was shocked when he told me it was Shad season.

SERIOUSLY??
They grow to 2 lbs and are regulated by seasons??

Fly fishermen love them I guess. Maybe not as stinky as ours are? Different breed?

jhoppis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We use a 1 1/2 once jig head with a zoom super salty fluke and just drop it down just like live bait and let it sit. The striper will tap it just like a crappie you have to be very quick to get the bite. We started doing this in 2010 and have perfected it and have shown a lot of people. we have also shown a lot of the other guides how to do it and it is catching on very fast. it only works when the water temps are below 57 and is at its best in January and February If you have never done it you need to get out and try it. We can teach you how to do it and once you do it once it is all you will want to do.

Latest posts

Top Bottom