New Toyota Landcruiser

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Capm_Spaulding

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve had an 80 series, 100 series, pre facelift 200 series, a gx460 and a gx470. I loved all of them except the 470, strongly disliked that thing. I think my favorite is a tie between the GX460 and the 200 series. I never drove the post facelift 200 series, nor the 300 series - limited to just Lexus in the US - but that may be the perfect compromise. I loved the nimbleness and creature comforts/safety tech of the GX460, but heft and comfort of the 200 series. The LC just gives you that king of the road feeling that nothing else can.

This new LC looks a lot more like an updated 60 series. Personally, I wish it was just a touch larger, maybe more like the 100 series size wise.

I don’t dislike it, but I kinda find it to be a weird fit with the 4Runner, unless the new 4Runner is going to have some big changes too in its yet to be seen redesign.

Overall, this new 250 series looks pretty stellar, but I think the new GX is the one to buy, comes with a turbo 6 instead of turbo 4, more tech, more comfort, for just a bit more $. If there’s a brand who knows turbos and EV tech, it’s Toyota. They’re using the older tech batteries in this thing - similar to what’s in the Prius, which is great news! Heavy, but lasts forever.

I do wish they’d called thing thing a Land Cruiser Prado… I’m not sure it’s worthy of the legendary title of LC, but time will tell!

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve had an 80 series, 100 series, pre facelift 200 series, a gx460 and a gx470. I loved all of them except the 470, strongly disliked that thing. I think my favorite is a tie between the GX460 and the 200 series. I never drove the post facelift 200 series, nor the 300 series - limited to just Lexus in the US - but that may be the perfect compromise. I loved the nimbleness and creature comforts/safety tech of the GX460, but heft and comfort of the 200 series. The LC just gives you that king of the road feeling that nothing else can.

This new LC looks a lot more like an updated 60 series. Personally, I wish it was just a touch larger, maybe more like the 100 series size wise.

I don’t dislike it, but I kinda find it to be a weird fit with the 4Runner, unless the new 4Runner is going to have some big changes too in its yet to be seen redesign.

Overall, this new 250 series looks pretty stellar, but I think the new GX is the one to buy, comes with a turbo 6 instead of turbo 4, more tech, more comfort, for just a bit more $. If there’s a brand who knows turbos and EV tech, it’s Toyota. They’re using the older tech batteries in this thing - similar to what’s in the Prius, which is great news! Heavy, but lasts forever.

I do wish they’d called thing thing a Land Cruiser Prado… I’m not sure it’s worthy of the legendary title of LC, but time will tell!
While the 100 series was a bit bigger than I would like for serious off-road stuff, it was absolutely perfect size wise for literally everything else. In my opinion.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
I kinda dig it. I don't care that it's a hybrid as Toyota definitely knows how to make them (along with Honda). It'll probably be good offroad and they dropped the price a ton!

I still wonder though if they are shooting themselves in the foot in the hybrid only option. Seems like ditching that heavy battery and elec drive and putting the turbo straight 6 or a V-6 in would sell more. Small turbo diesel? I guess it's still an improvement though, especially the price. We don't see that these days.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a44699820/2024-toyota-land-cruiser-revealed/
I'm a big Jeep fan, and have owned nothing else for the last 20 odd years. Currently we have a 2010 wrangler 4 door, Sport and 2018 Grand Charokee. I looked at new Wranglers a few moths ago, a V 6 Wrangler Sport, just like we have, with a few more options, Nav. system. stickered for $49,000,00., and a top of the line Wrangler 4 door, stickered for $93,000.00!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't notice what engine it had, I couldn't read the sticker laying on the ground, after fainting over the price! I stopped and bought car wax, and shamoo to detail my old Jeeps on the way home!!! Looks like Toyota is realizing most people can't afford $80,000.00 or $100,000.00 for a vehicle, with interest rates rising! I suspect the other car makers will reach the same conclusion. The free market system has a way of correcting its self, if the government stays out of it!!

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is talking about the hybrid system in the larger truck. As I understand it, it's basically the same but scaled down a bit in the LC. It actually looks kinda cool and is exactly what I'd want in a hybrid. This system is going to trounce Ford with their Lightning.

mouthpiece

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Prius go 250k pretty easily with good maintenance. I saw a claim somewhere that they were fixing to buy their fourth Prius and had rolled close to a million miles on the three they owned.

Prius gets a lotta flak but they are very good cars.
I have 170,000 on mine. Just replaced the hybrid battery.
1 starter battery and regular maintenance, windshield wipers and 2 sets of tires.
i'd buy another one

Last edited:

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm a big Jeep fan, and have owned nothing else for the last 20 odd years. Currently we have a 2010 wrangler 4 door, Sport and 2018 Grand Charokee. I looked at new Wranglers a few moths ago, a V 6 Wrangler Sport, just like we have, with a few more options, Nav. system. stickered for $49,000,00., and a top of the line Wrangler 4 door, stickered for $93,000.00!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't notice what engine it had, I couldn't read the sticker laying on the ground, after fainting over the price! I stopped and bought car wax, and shamoo to detail my old Jeeps on the way home!!! Looks like Toyota is realizing most people can't afford $80,000.00 or $100,000.00 for a vehicle, with interest rates rising! I suspect the other car makers will reach the same conclusion. The free market system has a way of correcting its self, if the government stays out of it!!

I’ll keep all our Jeep TJs! I like Toyota Tundras as well, have one.

Latest posts

Top Bottom