NICS denial act

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Letfreedomring

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mine usually take about 15 to 20 minutes each time, but I did have secret clearance for using COMSEC devices back in the .mil days.... or it could be from all the lists they have to sort through!🤣🤣🤣

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IF the buyer has had or currently has a security clearance especially a high type of security clearance, law enforcement, special type of employment in certain fields, some types of licenses or has a person with the same or almost the same name no matter the SS number or state of residence chances are there will be a delay while things are supposedly verified. Sometimes the unique PIN will help but I know of a couple of cases it doesn't........

Never been delayed, have/ have had S and TS for some pretty interesting programs.

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry, I do not know. The ATF tells us what to do, and we do that if we want to keep our license.
My frustration is not with you. I expect you to follow the law. My frustration is the argument that this new process is just following the laws on the books. The law on the books for years was to investigate denials (assuming someone lied on the 4473) and prosecute when warranted. They of course rarely ever followed through. Now we have expanded this to delays (which stats show most are just delays and do NOT result in denials) They need to focus on the denials and prosecuting those that lie on the 4473, not harass those who simply have a delay.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The info I have is that the address is needed because the new law requires the FBI/NICS to report any denials to the local authorities within (best I recall) 24 hours. Note that this applies to denials, not delays. The info is only acted upon in the case of a denial, as far as I know.

Latest posts

Top Bottom