NNNNOOOOOOOO!!! 😡😡😡😡😡

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Ma'am means something different in the north west. Basically it is how you call some II be a b****h while keeping your job.
Seriously? It’s common here. I’ve had a few women that take offense. Mainly, because some think it’s a term reserved for older people. In fact, it’s a term of respect for women in general. Well, that’s how I see it anyways.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seriously? It’s common here. I’ve had a few women that take offense. Mainly, because some think it’s a term reserved for older people. In fact, it’s a term of respect for women in general. Well, that’s how I see it anyways.
Yea if someone is nice I just can't say it to them, it feels wrong.

My wife has had a lot of adjustment with it. Back home she would be like," Did you just f*****g call me ma'am?!"

It was something I would have to instruct employees from other regions not to say.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yea if someone is nice I just can't say it to them, it feels wrong.
Kinda like trying to pee using your other hand? Well in this situation it’s more like a “when in Rome” I believe. 😉
While yes, I was born and raised in Orange County, Ca my family came from Oklahoma/Texas and the use of “yes Sir” and “no Ma’am” was instilled in me from birth. I wasn’t a user of “ya’ll” but after livin’ with ya’ll in ya’ll’s state for a “minute” I figured I’d best be fittin’ in or some feller might whoop a knot on my melon.
All joking aside it’s been refreshing living “amongst the natives” and explains a lot of things that were…… call it weird or unique about my family living in So Cal. I wasn’t weird at all, just not living with my peeps. For instance when I’d pee in the back yard in Yorba Linda friends would say “what the hell are you doing” but here someone’s just as likely to say “good idea” and step up to the next tree. 😂😂

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yessir. Plus I couldn’t stand the weather. For you okies that can’t understand why we moved here from Oregon. I’m telling you, cloudy and drizzling rain for a week straight is not uncommon. Depressing to say the least. We love the weather here. It gets hot yes, but at least storm do their thing and then leave you alone

After we retired in 2014, we spent 20 months in our RV in Colorado to be near the wife's two sisters. Then we went to Grants Pass, OR to volunteer on a retreat and reunion center, thus giving us the opportunity to see more of the beauty of Oregon. We arrived there in April of 2016 and everything was beautiful until the winter rains came in. I had to work out in that stuff. Summer of 2017, we suffered through the pall of smoke from wildfires all over and by September, we decided it was time to leave the state.

Overall, very good people up there, but too much rain for me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom