Non hunters?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anybody else NOT hunt? I have never hunted a day in my life. I'm not against it or anything stupid like that, just never interested me.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've shot plenty of varmints and vermin over the years, but only the ones I caught on my porch or in my house or garage. Or in the hay field. Or in the barn. Or pretty much anywhere else vermin and varmints shouldn't be. But I don't particularly hunt them as in hunting for sport.

I have nothing against it, mind you, and I'm very much in favor of keeping it healthy, it's just not my thing.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Parents on my side of the family don't hunt. my stepmother won't even allow my father to have a gun in the house.

I wonder if he could sue her for that.?
Mental anguish?...Irresponsibility?...hows he gonna protect the family?
Failure to provide conjugal performance...? cant shoot the Big gun....(well That might be a stretch)
Mancard manipulation...or ack...Mutilation?

Taking game with super powered guns and scopes..just doesnt appeal anymore.
Now its bows , spears , run them with the dogs, they need exercise too, drag them out of the brush and dispatch
(you cant do that with deer, its the rules, hogs only)

;)

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I never hunted (besides bird-dogging quail for my dad when I was young) until I was 25 or so. Been doing it since.

I don't like taking the life, but I love the venison bratwurst like you wouldn't believe

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I do not hunt anymore. I used to hunt pheasant and quail many years ago, enjoyed the challenge but got busy and just did not have time. I went deer hunting a few times, got tired of freezing my arse off traipsing around in the woods on foot in the dark getting ready thinking about if I got lucky I am going to have to drag that thing out of the woods. I really never developed a taste for deer or other wild game that much anyway.

I decided to take more of my time smoking beef, pork, and chicken stuff better that easily comes from the meat market or the grocery store.

I then moved to the country, and very frequently Bambi, her sisters, cousins, mom, aunts and occasionally her dad and uncles come by almost on a daily basis close enough where I could pull out my .45 and take my choice. One night I had a spot light out going around the house to close the vents or something, don't remember. Something caught my eye. 27 pair of green eyes laying out by the fence no more than 200 ft away. They never moved.

The main thing I am interested in is keeping deer out of my garden to let my jalapeno peppers get big enough for me to eat, they seem to think I am planting “candy” for them and they will eat them down to a nub if they get a chance along with other things.

Latest posts

Top Bottom