Non hunters?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
None of the folks in my family hunted, nor have I. I have nothing against it and never have had anything against it, it just hasn't been for me. But like Ratski, I could see shooting some wild pigs (varmints) if ever I had the chance.

I would shoot me some wild pigs also if I had the chance!

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Fishing is ultimate double standard, harvesting an animal with nothing BUT bait and decoys. Snagging is the only "manly" way to fish. :laugh6:

maat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hunted a lot when I was in high school(mostly rabbit). Took up golf for the last 25 years and had no interest in it. Got back into deer hunting this year.

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I prefer wild game as protein for my table don't have to hunt.... But love too. I know where my meat came from and it the most wholesome protein I can find. Also enjoy a garden and the vegetables it produces. Like canning and making pickles and preserves as well. I don't get people who want to be disconnected from killing but eat meat. Obviously they've never been to a commercial packing house. I've been to one of all the species we Americans consume and am a cattle rancher who has direct contact from the gate to the plate. I love beef always will but elk deer dove turkey pheasant antelope and wild pig are more often on my table. Beef is high. Furthermore knowing how to butcher and prepare wild game before "having" to do it is a better option. Not judging you on your decisions but try not to be so closed minded. And you've obviously never hunted since you "don't see the sport in it" myself and May folks in america don't see the point in buying packaged meat when there's a wilderness full of it for is to chase harvest and enjoy. Well worth the seven minutes of your life to watch.........http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fL3gCr2Jr0U

Sent from NSA wire tapped device.

Not being close minded. Matter of fact, I even said I understand why people hunt. I prefer not to. Doesn't seem like much of a sport, shooting Bambi and all. Unless you're wrestling the deer to the ground and killing it with your bare hands...it's not that impressive.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I even said I understand why people hunt. I prefer not to. .
Edited your post.

I'm guessing you didn't see my request that this discussion about why or why not to hunt to go to another thread. There is another thread started in the hunting and fishing forum for you to post your opinion. Please take your opinion to that thread.

I'm trying to keep this thread pertinent to what the OP wanted. Thanks!

Cedar Creek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Been a hunter all my life - had rabbit dogs, cousin & friends had bird dogs, squirrel hunted with & without dogs, always loved deer hunting, now I still deer hunt on a more limited scale but my real favorite is calling coyotes. I ocassionally call up a bobcat, but I don't shoot them anymore. My son is a shooter, but not really a hunter, although he does like to go call coyotes with me sometimes. He is at the point where I was at one time - not much spare time due to work & kids. My SIL is a hunter and my daughter says she wants to start deer hunting. She used to go deer hunting with me, but mostly hung around with the other kids at camp. Now she is eying my little 6mm carbine.

Cedar Creek

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've enjoyed shooting critters ever since I got my first BB gun in the 4th grade, but never did any "legit" hunting where I kept the meat until last year, when my good buddy TedKennedy took me under his wing and showed me how it's done. Before that, nobody in my family hunted, and none of my friends ever offered to take me. I am definitely hooked now, and I am thoroughly enjoying all the good lean hormone-free meat.

Latest posts

Top Bottom