Noodling around OKC?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Familyguy

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just curious if anyone knows if there is any good noodling in the creeks and or rivers around the Edmond area. Or if anyone knows of a good spot or would be willing to show me the ropes!

conditionzero

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1691876778242.png

hahaha I kid, I kid... kinda 🤣

Up and down the canadian and also the washita. You are going to have to leave the metro to get to the goods.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Get off I-40W in OKC at MacArthur Blvd. and go south on MacArthur and get in the Canadian river at the bridge and noodle the north bank heading west hard for about a mile or so then turn around and hit it hard again on the way back.....not advocating it but I've noodled the area alone in the dead of summer when there wasn't much current but when the water is up going with a buddy is best.

Unless the area has changed in the past few years I've pulled numerous blues and some really nice flatheads out of the area back when I was noodling hot and heavy.

Good luck.

Last edited:

Familyguy

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Right on guys, I really appreciate the input. I’ll have to scout out that area around the bridges. Really do appreciate that. I really enjoy catfishing the local ponds but would like to try some hand fishing.

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just South of Perkins on the Cimarron under the old bridge. I dug some out of there.

But that was 25 years ago and I was drunk as ****.

We did get a bunch of cat though. :-)

Latest posts

Top Bottom