North Korea Launches Attack on South Korean Island, 2 Dead

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DA 20

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
:cry11::cry11:redneck 1861 posted: The U.S. Dropped 2 Nukes on Japan in August of 1945. Between the 2 it killed around 250,000 people, mostly were civilians. I for one was very happy they dropped the bomb. Yes, it killed civilians, but not near as many died as would have died if we had invaded Japan. My brother would have been in that invasion. That is the last war we fought to win. I saw the remains of many civilians killed by both sides in Korea in 1953. The NK and Chinees would force civilians to the front of some of their attacks. The only way to stop the attacks was to shoot through the civilians. We help bury men, women & children that were killed by the North Koreans in one of their retreats. I learned life is very cheap during war.

redneck1861

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
:cry11::cry11:redneck 1861 posted: The U.S. Dropped 2 Nukes on Japan in August of 1945. Between the 2 it killed around 250,000 people, mostly were civilians. I for one was very happy they dropped the bomb. Yes, it killed civilians, but not near as many died as would have died if we had invaded Japan. My brother would have been in that invasion. That is the last war we fought to win. I saw the remains of many civilians killed by both sides in Korea in 1953. The NK and Chinees would force civilians to the front of some of their attacks. The only way to stop the attacks was to shoot through the civilians. We help bury men, women & children that were killed by the North Koreans in one of their retreats. I learned life is very cheap during war.

I didn't say I disagreed with the bombs being dropped and killing civilians, I was just posting facts

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I didn't say I disagreed with the bombs being dropped and killing civilians, I was just posting facts

Targeting civilians has been a tactic since day one. Terrorize the civilians and you will break the back of support.

Shermans march to the sea in the war between the states is a perfect example.
Burn and pillage everything in their path to break down the civilian support.
Fast forward to the Korean war and Vietnam.
Both wars fought by politicians, with rules of engagement to benefit the enemy, not the US Military.

The Air force and Marine planes were ordered to ignore weapons manufacturing facilities, focusing on cement plants, and secondary bridges, only to put a hold on the air strikes giving the enemy time to rebuild and re-arm.
The ground troops were not allowed to return fire unless given permission, unless one got lucky enough to be in a free fire zone. How stupid is this.
I could go on and on about personal experiences, but won't.
President Johnson and Robert Mcnamara were more concerned with maintaining production facilities producing helicopters, tanks, etc, than ending the war. Sadly this information has came to be the truth. Hundreds of thousands of American men and women have died to support the politicians goal of filling the pockets of greedy manufacturers.
I'm not making this up.
Robert Mcnamara came on TV before his death and apologized to the military.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone who has been stationed in Korea knows (or should know) just how freaking nutzo the NKs are. Especially if they have been to the JSA or Z.

Anyone else know about the "Wilcome to North Korea" sign? That alone is testament to the mindset that one deals with up there.

Don't know about being a veteran of the war. I was all over that peninsula in '85 from the Z to Kunsan. Didn't get a right shoulder patch for it. I thought that they stopped that in '68 even if you were full time on the Z.

Dave

KillShot

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
U.S. Sends Aircraft Carrier for Joint Exercises With South Korea After Deadly Attack

[Broken External Image]
Sept. 4: The nuclear-powered USS George Washington Nimitz-class aircraft carrier arrives in Manila.

A U.S. aircraft carrier strike group set off for Korean waters Wednesday after President Obama pledged America would stand "shoulder to shoulder" with South Korea and stage joint military exercises in response to what the White House branded a provocative, outrageous attack by North Korea on its neighbor.

Obama called South Korean President Lee Myung-bak Tuesday night, saying the U.S. would work with the international community to strongly condemn the attack that killed the two South Koreans and injured many more.

The White House said the two presidents agreed to hold combined military exercises and enhanced training in the days ahead to continue the close security cooperation between the two countries.

The nuclear-powered USS George Washington carrier strike group, which carries 75 warplanes and has a crew of over 6,000, left a naval base south of Tokyo and will join exercises with South Korea from Sunday to the following Wednesday, U.S. officials in Seoul told Reuters.

"This exercise is defensive in nature," U.S. Forces Korea said in a statement. "While planned well before yesterday's unprovoked artillery attack, it demonstrates the strength of the ROK (South Korea)-U.S. alliance and our commitment to regional stability through deterrence."

Source / Full Story - Fox News

Latest posts

Top Bottom