North Korea Launches Attack on South Korean Island, 2 Dead

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What would China do if we dropped a couple fat boys on NK? Nothing...We owe China too much money AND we spend billions a year in trade there. They dont want to risk jeopardizing that. Maybe thats a stretch but i thought i would toss it on the wall and see if it stuck.
NK has top o the line nuclear stuff on hand and thats reason enough to open a can off woop ass on them soon.

Nraman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Air force and Marine planes were ordered to ignore weapons manufacturing facilities, focusing on cement plants, and secondary bridges, only to put a hold on the air strikes giving the enemy time to rebuild and re-arm.
The ground troops were not allowed to return fire unless given permission, unless one got lucky enough to be in a free fire zone. How stupid is this.
That begs the question, why are we still protecting S Korea? Or Japan? Any particular reason or just for kicks?
We are fighting two wars right now with a third one against Iran a possibility. Is there a limit on how many wars how often?

Nraman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Those that have not been there do not understand this.
Life was good in the states.

There has been no real war here since the civil war.
The impact of war is somewhat different when it happens at home. Look at us now, we are fighting a couple of wars but life is pretty normal. Only the families of the killed and wounded feel it. For the rest of us, we'd rather cry when a creature like M. Jackson dies than a war hero.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Geez, the US Diplomats need to put more pressure on China to control their "Boy".

Why should the U.S. be involved? Are we the great nannies, the world's police force, or what?

The international community (USA in particular) is paying tribute. A rose by any other name is still a rose; it is that simple.

This.

Stupid liberals. Paying off thugs to play nice? Please. Would any of you pay off a bad neighbor to have him behave?

I think plenty here would. I mean, there are plenty that support the U.S. supplying the Mexican government in their drug war.

I believe China is the antagonist behind all this. They've already disagreed with the U.S. where North Korea is concerned. What does that tell you? It tells me that China doesn't give a sh*t what North Korea does.

And why should the U.S?

KillShot

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Why should the U.S. be involved? Are we the great nannies, the world's police force, or what?

I think plenty here would. I mean, there are plenty that support the U.S. supplying the Mexican government in their drug war.

And why should the U.S?

The last I checked, South Korea is an ally of the United States. Therefore, an attack on South Korea is an attack on us. It's not "policing" the world when you support an ally. On the same topic, I feel the same as you when it comes to policing the world. I'm totally against it.

I, for one, do not support any assistance to the Mexican government whatsoever. Furthermore, if a bad neighbor wouldn't behave, I'd beat his ass before paying him off any day. If I couldn't do it, I'd pay someone else to have it done.

Nraman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The last I checked, South Korea is an ally of the United States. Therefore, an attack on South Korea is an attack on us. It's not "policing" the world when you support an ally.

I, for one, do not support any assistance to the Mexican government whatsoever.

We can change that to not include mutual defense. The S Koreans have larger population than the NKs, an economy that cannot even be compared to the NK and the ability to produce weapons unequaled by the NK.
They can take care of the commies on their own. There is no reason for Americans to die for them. They should be entering in mutual defense treaties with Japan, they have common defense issues.
I took care of my children when they needed me, now they have to fend on their own. At some point we have to let go and let them handle their own problems. Most SKs don't even want us there most of the time. They have violent demonstrations from time to time to get us out. I think we should get a hint.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The last I checked, South Korea is an ally of the United States.

Correct. There is a mutual defense treaty between the Republic of Korea and the United States, much like the treaties between the U.S. and the Phillipines, Australia, and New Zealand. It was signed October 1, 1953, and ratified November 17, 1954.

However, Article III provides no obligation for either country to come to the aid of the other except on the attacked country's soil.

Each Party recognizes that an armed attack in the Pacific area on either of the Parties in territories now under their respective administrative control, or hereafter recognized by one of the Parties as lawfully brought under the administrative control of the other, would be dangerous to its own peace and safety and declares that it would act to meet the common danger in accordance with its constitutional processes.

Additionally, Article VI provides for termination with one year's notice.

It's not "policing" the world when you support an ally.

At this point, it's being the great nanny.

We should elect Fran as President in 2012. I mean, she embodies the spirit of Washington.

Latest posts

Top Bottom