Northern OK Eat and Shoot July 29th!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Medford restaurants............... Smrcka's and Megan's Place are the only ones remaining I believe.
If that Mexican place is still there north of town.....beware.
Megans place was really good small town restaurant food if they are still there. Smrcka's is drive-in chow. Been two deer seasons since being there, so can't offer any opinion.
I've been to the place in Caldwell. When I was there, it was really good.
I'll probably be not far from there for the ENS doing some farming, so plan on attending at this time.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If that Mexican place is still there north of town.....beware.
Megans place was really good small town restaurant food if they are still there. Smrcka's is drive-in chow. Been two deer seasons since being there, so can't offer any opinion.
I've been to the place in Caldwell. When I was there, it was really good.
I'll probably be not far from there for the ENS doing some farming, so plan on attending at this time.
It still is very good.

As for rifles, the range is primarily set up for handguns. However, I shoot rifles there quite frequently.

The range is the 'U'-shaped area just south of the barn.

i210.photobucket.com_albums_bb144_p51mustang36_9abb85b7.jpg
Hopefully, this gives folks an idea of what I have.

If I may, the height of the berm has been added to since this picture was taken and by the time we get there, my cousin will possibly be grazing his livestock there.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For real? I've always wanted to try one of these...

For real. BUT ... it is up to Gerhard. He knows how high his berm is, plus the possibility of livestock wandering around ... that thing has a tendency to climb if you aren't careful.

So, I'm gonna leave it up to him if he wants to let anyone shoot it or not. If not, and you just want to fondle it, I'll stick it in the trunk anyway.

BUT ... as of now, no shooting it unless Gerhard specifics says he's okay with it. AND no giving him any grief if he says he'd rather us not shoot it. It's his land.

(Sorry for the Mom Speech ... it's been one of those days ... sheesh ...) I'm gonna go shoot my measly 50 rounds of .22 ... argh ...:bah::censored::nolike: Damned doctors and their rules ... sheesh ... again ...:finger:

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Understood. If he allows it I'd love the opportunity and would provide my own ammo.

I'm going to see how this pans out...its a bit of a drive for me but would be willing to bring stuff for people to try out if they want. I'll even bring my Buckmark so you're not alone :D

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For real. BUT ... it is up to Gerhard. He knows how high his berm is, plus the possibility of livestock wandering around ... that thing has a tendency to climb if you aren't careful.

So, I'm gonna leave it up to him if he wants to let anyone shoot it or not. If not, and you just want to fondle it, I'll stick it in the trunk anyway.

BUT ... as of now, no shooting it unless Gerhard specifics says he's okay with it. AND no giving him any grief if he says he'd rather us not shoot it. It's his land.

(Sorry for the Mom Speech ... it's been one of those days ... sheesh ...) I'm gonna go shoot my measly 50 rounds of .22 ... argh ...:bah::censored::nolike: Damned doctors and their rules ... sheesh ... again ...:finger:
What is an ENS if you can't shoot? Of course you can shoot! All I ask is that we all be safe. Now, to answer any questions, the range is just about 25 yards from the picnic table to the backstop, so ranges will be rather short for rifles, but I just took my CZ 527 out today and shot it.

Annie, are you talking about full-auto? That AC556?

Latest posts

Top Bottom