NRA/ORA stand on open carry?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thayton

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
NRA has got the last from me and any time I get something from them with a prepaid envelope it's going back with whatever is handy, the ORA is below mention

guns are dumb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I get these email updates from the NRA, typically on a weekly basis and usually broken down by 2nd amendment issues by state. Throughout all of this there hasn't been any information about Oklahoma of any kind. It's really P'd me off. The whole reason I have a membership with them is so that they will provide the pressure that I can't - apparently that line of reasoning isn't working for me. I guess I pay them my membership for them to send me crap in the mail everyday and a couple stickers every year.

skyydiver

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Once again, it's crickets from the NEW and improved ORA whose representatives joined OSA ostensibly to keep lines open on issues like this. We've been asking this question at least since the veto, and all I hear is chirping. Both orgs are missing my dues this year. I'm really disappointed in ORA. Last time they did this, the explanation was that we don't understand how "it" works, and they can't be alienating "their" legislators over the "little" stuff. BS then as now. Not taking a position is taking the worst position. If you don't like something, be against it and have a reason.

Wind

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The NRA hires lobbyists and they don't do jack in this state.
They have volunteer coordinators and they too seem to be lacking when it comes to getting something done.
If you're an NRA member, call them up and let them know you're not happy with your money going to a lobbyist that does nothing in Oklahoma.

0352Marine

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I contacted them with this

HEY THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT ON OKLAHOMAS HOUSE BILL HB3354 YOU GUYS DID NOTHING TO SUPPORT AND THAT'S WHY YOU WILL NEVER SEE A RED NICKEL FROM ME. WHAT GOOD IS THE NRA IF THEY CAN'T SUPPOORT OUR 2ND AMENDMENT????????

chevy4wd

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just got off the phone with Darren Delong the NRA oklahoma field Rep.

http://www.nrahq.org/fieldreps/index.asp

He said I was the first one to call and express my concern with the neutral stance on HB3354. I find this hard to believe. If this is true I would encourge even to call them and express how you feel.

He gave me Ashley Varner Number @ 703-267-1192 He said she delt with state legislation affiars. I will be calling her soon.

The other issue I have other than the remaining neutral, is the fact that on the national website under oklahoma HB3354 was not even metioned once.

See link below.

http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/State/Specific.aspx?st=OK

This makes me pretty upset as a current NRA member.

:angry3:

Update.... I just called and just got her machine... I did a google search and found this in an article from November 30, 2006

http://trib.com/news/state-and-regional/article_67a1e1f2-8e97-5944-8276-bf086f14258e.html

"The National Rifle Association supports the bill," said NRA spokeswoman Ashley Varner. "We believe it is good practice to allow citizens to exercise their Second Amendment rights for self protection."

Varner said that if she were walking along an isolated trail in a national park, she would want a firearm for personal protection.

DirtyDawg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just got off the phone with Darren Delong the NRA oklahoma field Rep.

http://www.nrahq.org/fieldreps/index.asp

He said I was the first one to call and express my concern with the neutral stance on HB3354. I find this hard to believe. If this is true I would encourge even to call them and express how you feel.

He gave me Ashley Varner Number @ 703-267-1192 He said she delt with state legislation affiars. I will be calling her soon.

The other issue I have other than the remaining neutral, is the fact that on the national website under oklahoma HB3354 was not even metioned once.

See link below.

http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/State/Specific.aspx?st=OK

This makes me pretty upset as a current NRA member.

:angry3:

Update.... I just called and just got her machine... I did a google search and found this in an article from November 30, 2006

http://trib.com/news/state-and-regional/article_67a1e1f2-8e97-5944-8276-bf086f14258e.html

"The National Rifle Association supports the bill," said NRA spokeswoman Ashley Varner. "We believe it is good practice to allow citizens to exercise their Second Amendment rights for self protection."

Varner said that if she were walking along an isolated trail in a national park, she would want a firearm for personal protection.

I call ******** on Darren Delong. I called Kristina Cupps and Ashley Garner several weeks ago. I posted the results of my conversation on this board. Many of my friends and several others from this board called. Not only is the NRA an organization of cowards and compromisers, now they are LIARS!

Go to Post #3 of "Your support needed to get Open Carry signed by the Governor" in this section to read about my conversation with the NRA-ILA

elcaBob

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I call ******** on Darren Delong. I called Kristina Cupps and Ashley Garner several weeks ago. I posted the results of my conversation on this board. Many of my friends and several others from this board called. Not only is the NRA an organization of cowards and compromisers, now they are LIARS!

Go to Post #3 of "Your support needed to get Open Carry signed by the Governor" in this section to read about my conversation with the NRA-ILA

Absolutely! I emailed Kristina Cupps weeks ago about this (I posted the letter here on OSA) and never got a reply. They are useless and, as I stated in my letter, will no longer get a penny of my money.

Latest posts

Top Bottom