Nuisance Cattle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
MOST of the cattle in my country are tagged and branded, yearlings may not be yet as most guys are just starting to gather and wean.

My cattle, adults and yearling are tagged and branded, not that I don’t trust my neighbors, I just don’t trust some neighbors.

Honest story: one neighbor who’s got all white cattle had a half dozen heifers next to my black bull. 9 months later neighbor calls and says one if my black calves has taken up with one of his white cows, says he can’t drive it or chase it off. Tells me I need to come and pick it up and take it back.

I tells neighbor, remember 9 months ago when our cattle got in with each other?

Neighbor says, well your bull wouldn’t have bred my heifers……….wait for it……. he’s black and mine are white!

Right after he sold those yearlings he bought black cattle.

That’s why I brand and tag mine.
You better take care of your "children". Lol you should have claimed all of those calves.

I am kidding.

hunter966

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You better take care of your "children". Lol you should have claimed all of those calves.

I am kidding.
I should have, later that winter I had a buddy set out two round bales next to my gate cause my pickup was in the shop.

Saw where he put them cause there was snow on the ground but they were gone so I just figured he took them back to my house.

Later that summer the neighbor mentioned above came into my office and said he thought someone lost those two bales off their truck so he took them.

You talk about being mad as crap, so yeah, if I knew what he was going to do I should've got the calf.

Buck98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There has been several recent threads similar to this. It always cracks me up all the people saying to “shoot ‘em and eat them” lol… aside from that being the wrong thing to do, have any of y’all ever butcher a full grown cow? It’s quite the job…
As to your last point……. Not much more than a bull elk!!

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I should have, later that winter I had a buddy set out two round bales next to my gate cause my pickup was in the shop.

Saw where he put them cause there was snow on the ground but they were gone so I just figured he took them back to my house.

Later that summer the neighbor mentioned above came into my office and said he thought someone lost those two bales off their truck so he took them.

You talk about being mad as crap, so yeah, if I knew what he was going to do I should've got the calf.
One of those bought a farm and not a grew up on a farm guys.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

His elevator doesn't go to the top.

AER244

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One of my most favorite hunts I’ve been on in recent years- I didn’t see a single deer, but I got to hear a man who thought he was alone tell a small group of calves exactly what he thought about them for 30 minutes. It was extremely un-Christian. He apologizes for it every time he sees me now, haha.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
One of my most favorite hunts I’ve been on in recent years- I didn’t see a single deer, but I got to hear a man who thought he was alone tell a small group of calves exactly what he thought about them for 30 minutes. It was extremely un-Christian. He apologizes for it every time he sees me now, haha.
Calves will do that for sure lol.

Latest posts

Top Bottom