Nuisance Cattle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Seriously?!? Why would a guy without cows build fence to keep someone else’s cows out? That’s the guy with the cows responsibility.

Funny story. One of my customers had trouble keeping his cows in and approached his neighbor who raises pine trees on his property about splitting the cost of the fence between their places. The guy with the pine trees declined saying he doesn’t have any trouble with his trees getting out. My customer was pissed, but I thought it was hilarious.

LOL 2:30 in the morning and I am laughing my ass off, thanks I really did need that one.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
To bad Cowcatcher is gimped up. He would handle this and put a lien on the cattle at the sale barn.
I’m almost back to better than ever condition. Got back in the saddle last Monday and I’m getting in the saddle again in a few hours to sort a couple hundred steers for sale. These ribs I think built back better just like sleepy Joe.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hit the freaking cow with my brush guard several times hard hoping to knock the bitty down. Then I realized I had my .45.🤔

Trucks going into the body shop on the 9th anyway.
A 45 to the head will turn the lights off quick. I‘ve put down two horses and several “downed” cows with a Colt 1911.
I tried to salvage some meat off of one downed cow several years ago, and I won’t do it again. It’s much harder than trying to clean a deer laying on the ground.

xtremerange

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are cattle still branded or tagged?

I am no rancher and live in Tulsa city limits, so this is a research question. I see pics of tags at the feedlots, but I have no idea if someone with just a couple of cattle grazing would do that or similar.

(((Before someone jumps me, I am not looking to rustle anyone's property. This seems like a question related to knowing whose cattle got onto your property.)))

hunter966

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
MOST of the cattle in my country are tagged and branded, yearlings may not be yet as most guys are just starting to gather and wean.

My cattle, adults and yearling are tagged and branded, not that I don’t trust my neighbors, I just don’t trust some neighbors.

Honest story: one neighbor who’s got all white cattle had a half dozen heifers next to my black bull. 9 months later neighbor calls and says one if my black calves has taken up with one of his white cows, says he can’t drive it or chase it off. Tells me I need to come and pick it up and take it back.

I tells neighbor, remember 9 months ago when our cattle got in with each other?

Neighbor says, well your bull wouldn’t have bred my heifers……….wait for it……. he’s black and mine are white!

Right after he sold those yearlings he bought black cattle.

That’s why I brand and tag mine.

Last edited:

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Good Lord you peoples on here are bad luck!!

Got a call from my neighbor Monday asking if I had cattle on one of my places and I said no. He says there’s a bull and cow on their place, I tell him it could be neighbor to the west.

Well neighbor that calls me goes through my place to get to theirs, been that way for years, but the dip stick leaves the gate down. Now the fricken pair are on my place.

And it turns out it’s THEIR cattle!! Fricken ass hat didn’t even know their own cattle and now the pair are running around my pasture right before season opens.

Thanks OSA!! 🤣
Maybe he gave them to you as a reward or something.

Latest posts

Top Bottom