Nuisance Cattle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's legally "not the right thing". Morally, it's exactly the right thing.

I simply don't want to be tied up in court because some lowlife won't take care of his livestock.

As for "quite the job", I can assure you, I'm up to it.
I guess I was leaning towards it being legally excusable, but morally wrong lol… unless the dude is just a total POS who can’t be reasonable. But whatever, tomato tomaato

So you’ve butchered whole cows before DIY?

Beef is best aged for at least a week before freezing. But given the circumstances, I suppose you could pretty much just grind the whole thing and freeze it right away.

If it comes down to it and you get one on the ground and need a hand, PM me. We could have a nice big OSA burger cookout lol

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess I was leaning towards it being legally excusable, but morally wrong lol… unless the dude is just a total POS who can’t be reasonable. But whatever, tomato tomaato

So you’ve butchered whole cows before DIY?

Beef is best aged for at least a week before freezing. But given the circumstances, I suppose you could pretty much just grind the whole thing and freeze it right away.

If it comes down to it and you get one on the ground and need a hand, PM me. We could have a nice big OSA burger cookout lol

Son had a guy owed him some money. Said he couldn't pay cash, but had a nice, 3 year old, Angus bull. The bull had stepped in a hole and broke his leg.

He came home with the bull. The "nice" bull was nice looking, but that broke leg didn't help his disposition.

Luckily, it was March and weather was near perfect. No wind, 34° when we started and topped out at 42°.
Put a .357 behind his ear. Winched him on a A-frame and started slicing and grinding. Put 1200# of hamburger in the freezer. Kept the tenderloins and rib eyes, ground everything else.

Wasn't fun, wasn't easy, but 7 kids eat lots of hamburger and like it.

Shooting a "feral" or whatever cow and thinking you will have an easy, freezer full of beef is NOT easy or quality beef.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Son had a guy owed him some money. Said he couldn't pay cash, but had a nice, 3 year old, Angus bull. The bull had stepped in a hole and broke his leg.

He came home with the bull. The "nice" bull was nice looking, but that broke leg didn't help his disposition.

Luckily, it was March and weather was near perfect. No wind, 34° when we started and topped out at 42°.
Put a .357 behind his ear. Winched him on a A-frame and started slicing and grinding. Put 1200# of hamburger in the freezer. Kept the tenderloins and rib eyes, ground everything else.

Wasn't fun, wasn't easy, but 7 kids eat lots of hamburger and like it.

Shooting a "feral" or whatever cow and thinking you will have an easy, freezer full of beef is NOT easy or quality beef.
I’ve been a part of doing one in my 30 years of living and breathing cattle. It was a chore. I’ve watched several done at my local processor. Those guys with the proper tools, knowledge and sharp knives make it easy. I’m making an educated guess but I think them guys can unload one from our trailer at their shop and have him hangin on the rail in halves in 45 minutes. So long as they exist and can squeeze me in for an emergency when one breaks a leg then I’ll never attempt to butcher again. However, I do understand the discussion in this thread is based on hypotheticals in a hush hush situation. Not something I would ever engage in even though I believe I’ve got the right connections to pull it off successfully. My solution for stray cattle is to catch them and charge the person for doing so or they get checked into a stockyard with a lien on them for the owner to pay or the stockyard will right me a check when they sell the stock to recoup their expense. Now that is all based on the stock owner proving to me and the “victim landowner” that they won’t or can’t handle the stock themselves. To each his own. Ain’t nothing that can make tempers flare like cattle. Hell I get tense just thinking about thinking about cattle but they are my livelihood so I keep going back for more.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
FB_IMG_1695700092797.jpg

hunter966

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good Lord you peoples on here are bad luck!!

Got a call from my neighbor Monday asking if I had cattle on one of my places and I said no. He says there’s a bull and cow on their place, I tell him it could be neighbor to the west.

Well neighbor that calls me goes through my place to get to theirs, been that way for years, but the dip stick leaves the gate down. Now the fricken pair are on my place.

And it turns out it’s THEIR cattle!! Fricken ass hat didn’t even know their own cattle and now the pair are running around my pasture right before season opens.

Thanks OSA!! 🤣

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good Lord you peoples on here are bad luck!!

Got a call from my neighbor Monday asking if I had cattle on one of my places and I said no. He says there’s a bull and cow on their place, I tell him it could be neighbor to the west.

Well neighbor that calls me goes through my place to get to theirs, been that way for years, but the dip stick leaves the gate down. Now the fricken pair are on my place.

And it turns out it’s THEIR cattle!! Fricken ass hat didn’t even know their own cattle and now the pair are running around my pasture right before season opens.

Thanks OSA!! 🤣
In case you’re wondering #2 steel shot will put a cow down. It takes more than one shot, but it does the job.

Latest posts

Top Bottom