NY Times suggests using banking to infringe on 2A

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Guess I am an old guy here late in the evening with an opinion. Not understanding how the world is tilting where every business including everyone on facebook (which I do not have) feels they have to rabidly promote their personal agenda 24/7 or with every order I open the box with.

I have owned two businesses in my life, worked for many people as a commercial electrician before that, flipped burgers at 15yo, mowed lawns, washed out old Mr. Williams fighting chickens water bowls for a $1 a day as my first job and a few things in between.

I was always able to separate business (Making $) from personal life. My political, religious, economic status, home life, firearms I owned, how many ladies I was screwing, kind of music I liked, kind of Rum I drank, Kawasaki H-2s tires I burned off, and all that other stuff was personal.

I showed up on time every day to do my job, sometimes working for people I did not particularly like or agree with, did my job, got my paycheck Friday and went home. Same with the business I owned. No political signs, no crosses on the wall, no dogs drinking beer pictures on the wall. Mr. business during the day. Everybody that wanted to pay me $ for my service was welcome and served. Time to go home after work and be personal me, have a few beers with the people I liked. Hell, I even still have a staunch Democrat friend after 50 years who has only voted for one R in his entire life. (voted for Trump) another long story but we have ethics and a taste for beer we agree on.

I have one grandson that runs a bar, the other grandson earned the Carl Albert award at OU last year. Tried to help them both understand it is more important what you are inside and how you live your life as an example to make YOU happy rather than what you try to push on others to try change them to make both of you miserable. Time will tell if it worked. Would not be surprised if Alex runs for Pres in 2040 or so, long after I am gone. Good common sense genes on both sides mixed with being a good BSer. Works well in a bar for one and in "public" service for the other.

Both go go shooting with me, but Alex's past College environment then immediately into the Gov work building environment, I can not get him interested in getting a SDA carry license. Still working on him. Yes, I am trying to do a little "brainwashing" with that, if ya know what I mean. Just in case some of the younger people here are still around and he became popular later.

Business should do business. I really do not care if you are fat, ugly, or your crack is showing. Just unstop my drain. ya know.

snafu21

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't care what the excuse is, government should NOT monitor everyones spending. Before you know it the info would be used for profiling and people would be arrested for things like intent even if there wasn't any. It would turn into big brother too much for me.

Slim Deal

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Canceled my CitiBank card a few months ago due to their stance on 2nd Amendment.....Explained why when asked. That was just one card but I used it exclusively at the time. Not sure how many did the same but so far not enough to get them to change their stance.
CITIBank is owned by the Saudis. They could GAF less if we drop their cards for any reason. I read that it a a place to launder YUGE sums.

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
that's not gonna stop me from exercising my second amendment rights..i'll just go cash in hand. It's not gonna stop criminals, either. Infact, they're probably shooting themselves in the foot by making it harder to track.

anyway, any bank that goes along with their liberal agenda doesn't deserve my money anyway. I'll just use a different bank or a credit union that is 2A friendly.

Latest posts

Top Bottom