Obama wants your vote to count! As long as you can't prove you belong here that is.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oklahoma Identification Card = $10 and proof of citizenship.

I submit that if you can't find the wherewithal to produce $10 and proof of citizenship, then I really don't want you voting for the President of one of the most powerful nations on the planet...but, being a compassionate conservative, I would agree with a program that would subtract $10 from one month of your f-ing food stamps so you can pay for your ID, flop down to the voting booth in your fuzzy slippers, and vote if picture ID could be statistically shown to reduce voter fraud.

Damn, was that my outside voice?
Well there ya go. :D
We could just skip the library card and put photos on the welfare food stamp debit card.

No one has any problem with that do they? :laugh6:

71Buick, be sure and not let your drivers license accidentally expire. I hear it's hell getting a new one after that happens.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Uh Oh, storm clouds on the horizon for the photo library card:
Who is eligible for a library card?

Last Updated on Friday, 08 July 2011 08:53

Frequently Asked Questions - Policies

Individuals residing, working, attending school, or owning property in communities in Pottawatomie, McClain, and Cleveland counties.

A parent/guardian, who qualifies under the above guidelines, qualifies all the members of their immediate family. Minor children who attend school in the Pioneer service area qualify their immediate family members.

New adult learners (literacy students) being tutored in PLS libraries qualify for a library card.
I see all kinds of potential for voting abuse under these rules.
Why, even the family dog qualifies to use the library since he's part of the family.

I don't know of any cases of dogs lined up to check out books at the library but you just can't be too careful. :patriot:

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hobbes for President...brilliantly simple.
I can't take all the credit. Your post was my inspiration.
4.bp.blogspot.com__SFdq_wfPcvQ_TZMbloKIv8I_AAAAAAAAAE0__kd6KfJ4dS0_s1600_lamp_inspiration.jpg

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure what the photo proves anyway? That a kid can get an ID....yup. But it clearly shows he's under voting age and provides one more hurdle for those who want to attempt voter fraud.

But to get to the meat of the issue....are there stats/facts to back up an assertion that photo IDs reduce voter fraud? Similarly are there stats and facts to back up the assertion that a photo ID requirement suppresses a voting block?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom