Obama wants your vote to count! As long as you can't prove you belong here that is.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
But the way I understand it is, if you are a new voter( never registered before ) you aint getting no stinking badges, err I mean voter ID card without:
the name of the person to whom it was issued
a photograph of the person to whom it was issued
an expiration date that is after the date of the election

Otherwise, it wouldn't be a photo voter law would it?
Anyone could send in their voter registration form and get a voter ID back in the mail.
Even a dog could register and get a voter id to vote.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its funny how the link clearly refers to Texas but everyone is linking Oklahoma Law

Well, the other thread contained more details, such as asking why is there action against the TX law and not the OK. The main difference being that, per the OK law, you can obtain a free card (voter registration ID card) and use it at the pools. I am convinced if we did not include that provision then we would also be the target of similar judicial action.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone could send in their voter registration form and get a voter ID back in the mail.

That's basically how it works.

The SQ 747 wasn't intended to cull the future voter pool of who may and may not register. It was intended and implemented to ensure the person out casting the ballot is the bona fide registrant.

I.e. to keep Jimmy from going and voting, then going and voting again under the name of their neighbor who died last Spring. You'd have to assume the decedent's voter ID, by physical theft or registering a new card and intercepting it. But those are far more work than simply going in and stating you are someone else. I guess technically you could anyway, by casting a provisional ballot.

Here's the link to the actual OK question, along with the marked up statute:

https://www.sos.ok.gov/documents/questions/746.pdf

Also interestingly, Today I Learned felons can vote in OK after a time has expired equal to their sentencing.

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hispanic registered voters in Texas are 47 percent to 120 percent more likely to lack the required identification than non-Hispanic voters, the Justice Department said in its letter.

OK, what kind of math are they using?!? So what they are saying is: If they took 10 Hispanic voters aside, 5 to 12 of them would not have IDs?!? Is this the math he's using to "fix" our economy...as a matter of fact, it is!

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's described in a funny way in the article , for sure. But that is not what it says.

It means that the rate of Hispanic voters lacking ID is 47-120% greater than that of the non-Hispanic voters. So if you had 1000 of each voter (Hispanic versus non-Hispanic), and say the rate of non-Hispanics lacking ID was 10% (picking a number here), then 100 of the 1000 would lack ID. The Hispanic voter's rate is 47 - 120 percent higher, sp 147 to 220 of the 1000 Hispanic voters lack proper ID.

Latest posts

Top Bottom