Off to basic in 2 days...See you all in 4 months.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
so are you implying that being in a tank in Hood during the summer is hot...dang braggart..

Bet that was hotter than hades for real. Op doing Benning this time of year will be cold, but they got much better gear that what you had in the 70's and us in the 80's. thank goodness. Good luck OP..keep us posted.

Sorry for all the off topic posts, (my add was in effect today, lol) but I will tell you in hindsight, Infantry school was the best hting that ever happened to me. But I will also say it was one of the hardest things I have ever done. Wanted to quit many times, but fall outs and losers quit. I made it and you will too. Not everyone can do it, but press on and never give up. It will suck, but you will have done something many have not or cannot not accomplish. Hooah!

Subsonic

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Enjoy the 3 minutes meals. Take laundry guard any chance you get on your night shift fire guard duty. You can usually write letters down there. I was in Charlie 1-19 back in '06.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Drop and give me 20 dirtbag!!!
Just getting you used to it. :D
Don't know what basic is now compared to my time, but just keep your crap together, and remember the DI's are doing their best to give the training to keep you alive if you ever have to go the the SHTF areas. Can't wait to get your posts when you get back :D:D

elcaBob

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Im leaving for OSUT (Basic + Ait) in 2 days. I'll be going to Ft. Benning, GA for 14 weeks. You guys are a lot of fun and I'm gonna miss BS'ing on here and looking through the classfieds at a bunch of stuff I want but can't have. See you all when I get back.

I'm originally from, literally, across the street from Ft. Benning. Tell Uncle Sam thanks that you're going to be there this time of year rather than the summer!

Thank you for your service, sir!

Latest posts

Top Bottom