Official 2015-2016 deer hunting season discussion thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Heck of a weekend Goldflinger. Definitely interesting. Man O Man if we could hear the stories our harvests could tell. I would guess, his leg wound was a result of a poor shot and then as he made his escape and laid down for resting up, a coyote put the sneak on him. He was a little slow getting up, and that resulted in a coyote getting him by the tail.

Congrats on the buck, and especially getting that yote with long bow! High Five!

Last edited:

Sticky Stokes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You did that buck a big favor in my opinion, I agree with Bassin but who really knows, leg and butt wounds could be from a bad shot(s), fence, hit by car, fighting, no way to know really. But I'm glad you ended his suffering, I can't stand to watch animals suffer, you did the right thing. And great job on that big coyote, that is a heck of a shot, especially with a longbow!:yelclap:

DEER 24/7

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
My son got a buck Saturday evening. He could not find him in first 100 yards that evening so I told him to leave him until the morning. I went up the next morning and found him 300 yrds from where he shot him at. Glad we had decided to leave him over night as he had been gut shot. Told the boy he needed to be shooting some more so he could make better shots. He said he was excited lol. It was 175 yards. Glad the yotes didn't get him.

Last edited:

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good for you, goldflinger, on both counts! I need to start thinning coyotes myself very soon. I saw two during gun season, and three were shot during gun season in the half-section caddy-cornered from me.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Way to go gold finger! Nice shot on the coyote.

24/7, your son got a beautiful buck. Wall mount material.

Is it just me, or what? All these bucks we are seeing in this thread have perfect racks with little to nothing broken.

Latest posts

Top Bottom