Official 2015-2016 deer hunting season discussion thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
A little wind spook ya. Its going to get colder and be windy. You even say the deer don't move without wind. Are you getting soft on deer?

Oh I'm pretty sure the deer will be there, it's me that probably won't be there :) Got the next 8 days off. Sunday morning looking prime.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
My brother and his hunting partner are heading up for their once a year OK hunt, and from what I saw last weekend, hear from ya'll, and am seeing on my cameras, it's looking pretty bleak.

Are ya'll seeing more coons on camera now? I'm getting hundreds of pictures a day of just coon or coons having stand offs with deer, and in September and October, I got an unusually low amount of coon pictures (like almost none). There are some big, corn eating SOB's this year too.

You've probably just become their new food source, and were chowing on something else back then. The rice bran has worked out awesome for me, I rarely get a coon pic this year unless I throw some corn out. Then I might have a dozen coons in a pic within a couple of nights of throwing out corn.

Sticky Stokes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sat yesterday in a funnel of timber between two bedding areas and fronted by a large open field, slow early 2 does, then around 10:30 am it was like someone flicked a switch. Saw a doe 600 yds away running wide open with 2 bucks in tow, she brought them both right by my stand at 30 yds an 8 or 9 and a huge buck behind him grunting and running I had bow up and ready, whistled, yelled hey! nothing...they never even slowed down, watched them chase for 5 minutes or so then gone,. I could see 3-4 deer 500 yds away running back and forth jumped fence and back 3 times then looked up and it's another big buck a big 10, running right at me head down, I'm at full draw he crosses my shooting lane at 19 yards I gave him a loud "meh" then "hey" he never broke stride and disappeared into timber. I hit grunt call and bleat can nothing then hear loud steps and another big tall horned shooter was slipping down the ravine behind me and into timber. Dang it! what a morning, one of the best days I've had in a stand in a long time, I just couldn't get em stopped for a shot. They are definitely still rutting, at least in my area. Saw 3 definite shooters, 12-15 deer total 4 coyotes and 7 pigs. I'll be in stand all day tomorrow and Sunday and all next week. Good luck everybody

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Sat yesterday in a funnel of timber between two bedding areas and fronted by a large open field, slow early 2 does, then around 10:30 am it was like someone flicked a switch. Saw a doe 600 yds away running wide open with 2 bucks in tow, she brought them both right by my stand at 30 yds an 8 or 9 and a huge buck behind him grunting and running I had bow up and ready, whistled, yelled hey! nothing...they never even slowed down, watched them chase for 5 minutes or so then gone,. I could see 3-4 deer 500 yds away running back and forth jumped fence and back 3 times then looked up and it's another big buck a big 10, running right at me head down, I'm at full draw he crosses my shooting lane at 19 yards I gave him a loud "meh" then "hey" he never broke stride and disappeared into timber. I hit grunt call and bleat can nothing then hear loud steps and another big tall horned shooter was slipping down the ravine behind me and into timber. Dang it! what a morning, one of the best days I've had in a stand in a long time, I just couldn't get em stopped for a shot. They are definitely still rutting, at least in my area. Saw 3 definite shooters, 12-15 deer total 4 coyotes and 7 pigs. I'll be in stand all day tomorrow and Sunday and all next week. Good luck everybody

Thats good to hear. The wife and I are going to both be in a stand all weekend starting this afternoon. Hopefully we can check that last ML tag this evening. Once gun opens, strategies have to change.

Latest posts

Top Bottom