Official 2017 AR build session

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Will see how things go but I can probably bring out a few tools and help get some put together. This time I will not be just out of surgery. Still have some stuff to do with my wife's AR lower and have to get her charging handle and BCG.

Supposed to have a couple weeks in Jamaica in January or February but right now it's up in the air on when that will happen. If I can't make it out I will make sure to have a drink on the beach and think about you guys though.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just installed a Timney trigger for a friend. He gave me the old trigger parts to dispose of as I wish, so If somebody is short a mil spec trigger to finish their lower minus the pins I'll donate the parts to the build party and send to the organizer if they are needed.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since Dennis is wanting to send some stuff if there is anyone else who wants to send something along to the build party from the OKC area or wants to carpool I have no problem picking a few things or someone up to take along. I will more than likely be able to make it anyway or will arrange to make sure any items get there.

}BuLL

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Open to anyone with a good attitude! !

Bring your tools, parts, rifles, instructions, etc etc........................it's all good except alcohol. My boss wouldn't like that. :(

Yes I believe we had 17 participants last year and it went well into the late afternoon.

Come on and join us, even if it's to just drink a cup of coffee and drool over some of the custom parts. Who was it that had that wicked lower with custom color last year? SWEEET! ! !
This one?
attachment.php

tulsacrittergetter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would go with simple nitrided over all. I think there's no major benefit of any other finish over nitride these days, and the color of the nickel-boron one I bought began to darken immediately, so, while it is pretty easy to clean, it isn't as purdy as it was initially. Chrome may maintain its color better, I don't know.

I've never seen or heard of anyone having a bolt failure or malfunction with any of the modern 8620/9310 stuff. Nitrided ones at FBT are like $85.

I appreciate the advice. Thanks, tRidiot!

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Count me in. I have no true AR tools, but I'll bring a can-do attitude and learn from the experts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom