Official 2017 AR build session

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can come and watch, participate, shoot the ****, drink the coffee and kick the tires in the parking lot.

All for free.

No registering, no special permits, no nothing. Just show up and enjoy. Oh, and bring a chair. ;)

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Damn, that sucks. Don't worry... we'll have more. :D

Of course, I'm always open to helping someone one-on-one. I like to build in my garage quite a bit, too. I just ordered a shiteload of parts for the build party, but I doubt I'll actually get all of them built, so I will have some leftovers to show folks another time. I'm open to having a smaller get-together at the house at a later date to put a few together for those who can't make this one. And the added benefit of doing it at my place is... BBQ! :D

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With warmer weather, I'll be there.

Got an order in for a lower build kit so hopefully it will show up before we get to building. If not I can build a couple lowers out or help some others with theirs. Still have to get a BCG and Charging handle for the wife's 300 BLK but this gets it another step closer.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just got the go-ahead from a friend who wants to come to buy the parts for him to do a 7.62x39 AR. I've not done one of these, but I don't think it requires anything different from standard but the BCG, barrel, FH and magazine, right?

Gotta go pick out some more parts. :D

I love shopping for gun stuff!

lkothe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I may be replacing my 16"S/S 300blk barrel.....believe this mid length gas system (didn't know what I was getting) is not a good thing.
Hope to have a new barrel to install by then.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My offer still stands to contribute a trigger group if someone honestly needs one to finish a build at no charge.
Sent to the project manager by request when he requests.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I may be replacing my 16"S/S 300blk barrel.....believe this mid length gas system (didn't know what I was getting) is not a good thing.
Hope to have a new barrel to install by then.
I think 16 and under functions better with a carbine length gas system. That is what my 16 inch runs and it functions great. I need to open up the gas port on the 300 BLK I built though so I can feed more gas for subsonic rounds but I will get to that at some point for right now it works great with 150gr super sonics. The best I have heard from a 300 blk is a pistol length gas system with an adjustable gas block. The 300 Build I did is a carbine length system with an adjustable hence the need to open the gas port up some but it should still work ok once it's dialed in.

Latest posts

Top Bottom