Official OSA COVID-19/Corona Virus Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't read all of that (yet) but it sounds very interesting. The first half (the pathogenesis) sounds perfectly reasonable. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To add to Cobra1's comments above:

Some Doctors Hesitant to Use Ventilators

"As hospitals scramble to obtain enough ventilators to treat coronavirus patients, a growing number of doctors are saying the machines may not be necessary for certain patients and, in some cases, could make their condition worse.

Their reasoning is based on multiple hospitals reporting unusually high death rates for coronavirus patients on ventilators, highlighting the fact that a definitive treatment for managing the virus that emerged only months ago may still be far off."

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
a growing number of doctors are saying the machines may not be necessary for certain patients and, in some cases, could make their condition worse.

Their reasoning is based on multiple hospitals reporting unusually high death rates for coronavirus patients on ventilators
Or maybe by the time they require a ventilator, there ain't much hope left. :/

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Interesting many Democrat politicians have the attitude we need to disarm every law abiding American because it might save one childs life, but you shouldn't give the Malia cure to anyone because it has not been proven to be 100% effective with virtually no negative side effects without months and months of testing. Kinda an odd way of thinking in my opinion.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did you even read the article? Has nothing to do with lung failure according to this read. Thus using a ventilator for Covid is like taking NyQuil for a stubbed toe.
Which one? He posted 3 links.

I read the first one, and still stand by my previous post. One symptom of CV is difficulty breathing (one of the requirements to even be tested here locally), so putting deteriorating patients on ventilators is much more reasonable than "taking Nyquil for a stubbed toe." :P

Given the shortage, I seriously doubt they're putting CV patients on ventilators without probable cause.
:drunk2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom