Official OSA COVID-19/Corona Virus Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's going to be interesting to see the after action reports about a year from now that show if the mandatory confinement from most of the country was actually necessary. Sweden continued business as usual, and their death rate wasn't pandemic.

I'm sure there will be many documentaries done about all this, showing different sides of it. Probably some more honest and unbiased than others (if there is such a thing).

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's something to think about, as we're about to open things up again, right?

I've got a patient, my first patient I know of with this virus, I saw her on Friday, March 13th. She was sick, we suspected flu, something like that. We tested her for flu, she was negative. There wasn't a single case of the 'rona in our county, in fact at that time, there were only 3 reported cases in the entire state of Oklahoma.

She was sick for about a week or ten days, then got better and has been perfectly fine since that time. So, has been symptom free, completely well, with absolutely NO signs of illness for over a MONTH, now. NOT FOR ANTIBODIES - this is the VIRAL test.

This lady has been off work since that time, and she has tested positive for COVID-19 via nasal swab FIVE SEPARATE TIMES now. Once a week, she has tested positive for shedding of the virus itself, or viral particles, for a SOLID MONTH after her recovery.

Is she infectious? We don't know.
Is she a carrier? We don't know.
How accurate are the tests? We don't know.
Would this grow in a viral culture? We don't know.

This make anyone here feel BETTER or WORSE about "opening up the state"?

Just curious, to open a debate, see what people think. I'll be honest and say it sure as hail makes ME nervous. I don't think we've peaked here where I'm at, not at all, and we're 4th in the state in infections, yet 14th in population.

Yesterday St. John's Health System reported 23 people in their hospitals with COVID-19. That is ALL their facilities. And yet, they were kicking people out who were CLEARLY not ready to go back home, I watched it personally myself. Obvious evidence of NOT ready to be discharged, yet the hospitals were sending them home. Why? Lots of reasons, lots. Economics is a major one. Keeping people in the hospital they're not getting paid for, or not GOING to get paid for has been a major problem in healthcare for YEARS. You want 'free' healthcare aka Medicare-For-All? This is what you're going to see. Period.

I'm afraid we're going to see CV continue to be a problem for many many more months. And I don't mean an occasional case here and there, I'm talking still causing active community infection. I hope I'm wrong. I really do.

Our office is on a waiting list for rapid testing technology, we're told it will likely be August before we can get it.

It's gonna be a crappy roller coaster, no matter what happens...

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think some hospitals are kicking those patients out early to preserve their insufficient PPE supplies.

Until recently I had been optimistic that we could reduce the new infections to a level low enough that we could revert back from mitigation to containment and contact tracing.
I guess we abandoned that plan.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
It's going to be interesting to see the after action reports about a year from now that show if the mandatory confinement from most of the country was actually necessary. Sweden continued business as usual, and their death rate wasn't pandemic.
This is one of those things where we may never hear the complete truth about it all.

Most likely there will be several versions of the truth depending on who is telling the tale.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is one of those things where we may never hear the complete truth about it all.

Most likely there will be several versions of the truth depending on who is telling the tale.

That's all there is about ANYTHING these days. One side spins it as the greatest thing ever, the other side spins it as the end of the world.

I need to get off the internet today, I'm just irritated beyond belief after watching our CinC lately.... <sigh>

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score

I've got a patient, my first patient I know of with this virus, I saw her on Friday, March 13th. She was sick, we suspected flu, something like that. We tested her for flu, she was negative. There wasn't a single case of the 'rona in our county, in fact at that time, there were only 3 reported cases in the entire state of Oklahoma.

She was sick for about a week or ten days, then got better and has been perfectly fine since that time. So, has been symptom free, completely well, with absolutely NO signs of illness for over a MONTH, now. NOT FOR ANTIBODIES - this is the VIRAL test.

This lady has been off work since that time, and she has tested positive for COVID-19 via nasal swab FIVE SEPARATE TIMES now. Once a week, she has tested positive for shedding of the virus itself, or viral particles, for a SOLID MONTH after her recovery.

This make anyone here feel BETTER or WORSE about "opening up the state"?

Just curious, to open a debate, see what people think. I'll be honest and say it sure as hail makes ME nervous. I don't think we've peaked here where I'm at, not at all, and we're 4th in the state in infections, yet 14th in population.

Yesterday St. John's Health System reported 23 people in their hospitals with COVID-19. That is ALL their facilities. And yet, they were kicking people out who were CLEARLY not ready to go back home, I watched it personally myself. Obvious evidence of NOT ready to be discharged, yet the hospitals were sending them home. Why? Lots of reasons, lots. Economics is a major one. Keeping people in the hospital they're not getting paid for, or not GOING to get paid for has been a major problem in healthcare for YEARS. You want 'free' healthcare aka Medicare-For-All? This is what you're going to see. Period.

I'm afraid we're going to see CV continue to be a problem for many many more months. And I don't mean an occasional case here and there, I'm talking still causing active community infection. I hope I'm wrong. I really do.

Our office is on a waiting list for rapid testing technology, we're told it will likely be August before we can get it.

It's gonna be a crappy roller coaster, no matter what happens...

With no time line as to when we might be able to answer those questions, i don't see how we can't open back up now. We wait six more months into this and we still may not have the answers. The huge percentage not affected medically by this can't do that, many have already raised the white flag and lost financially, and in their eyes, for absolutely no reason.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score

I just hope you killed them little Covid effers once you identified them under that there microscopey thingy. Use that there new AR on em if'n ya hafto. Better yet, call me an I'll bring a can o gas an a match. We'll get em!

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Problem is - I'm not believing anything I hear from anybody now. The goal posts keep moving, their opinions keep changing. 'You're wasting your time wearing a mask. EVERYBODY should be wearing a mask every time they go out. We need more ventilators. We have a surplus of ventilators. Ventilators are doing more harm than good. We peaked on April 15th. We're nowhere near the peak. HCQ and Remdesivir will treat this thing. No, they won't. Watch out for heart complications.' Total BS. Can't believe any of them. They're guessing. And, China? Or, WHO? pppffffffttt!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom