Official OSA COVID-19/Corona Virus Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Imagine teaching a real course when all your students can cheat.
It destroys the integrity of the course. The good students suffer and the bad students benefit

Totally depends on the course and how the class is evaluated.

I've taken several online courses that required me to actually know the material and wasn't very conducive to cheating.

Besides, if a student is "good student" they'll be just fine.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Imagine teaching a real course when all your students can cheat.
It destroys the integrity of the course. The good students suffer and the bad students benefit

my wife was given a week to take her two classes online, possibly for the rest of the year. Schools are scrambling to gather resources to do it but will likely be a cluster for a lot of them. Likely will also require breaking the larger class out into several smaller groups to lessen the tech burden and to accommodate people I’m different time zones.

her classes are usually based around simulations and applying the materials to topics so she will likely shift to more paper based grading where they can look up materials but also must apply them to the topic

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Although they are oversimplified and published in WAPO, I found this article that has four simulations of the spread of virus interesting.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/grap...wp_main&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook

If anyone want to read the direct medium article, i posted it here a few days ago, too.

It's stat heavy but does a good job of comparing different responses in different countries and the effectiveness (or ineffectiveness) of things.

And why social distancing matters right now.

Reactions: O4L
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom