Official OSA COVID-19/Corona Virus Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Um ... How do you put a condom on a needle? Shared needles was/is a big problem with HIV/AIDS transmission too.

The Covid is not the death sentence/consequence for all who contract it. HIV/AIDS on the other hand ... The two can't honestly be equated.

Woody
HIV isn't the death sentence it used to be. Pretty much controlled by drugs now with levels so low that blood tests can't detect it anymore in some folks.
Drugs work to lessen the viral load of HIV within the body so the bodies natural immune system can regulate and control the virus. Since the body has less viruses the drugs also help control the spread to others. It's not a cure but a control to a chronic condition.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I haven't read all the postings on this thread but, here is something I was thinking about . When the Aids virus became a hot topic years ago medical experts said that using a condom wouldn't protect people. If I remember correctly they said the virus was so small that it could go through a condom. They warned people not to rely on them for protection from Aids. A condom can be filled with water or air and tied off holding either . Try holding one of facemask up and filling it with water. The mask may help by blocking some of the spread of the virus from a sneeze or cough but, I don't see how a mask can protect you from breathing it in.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There were all kinds of medical experts in those days, even though there was no internet.
You're remembering the ones who said sex was between a man and a woman united in a state of Holy Matrimony.
I'm not saying they weren't medical experts, it's just that, for the most part, they lacked medical credentials.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
HIV isn't the death sentence it used to be. Pretty much controlled by drugs now with levels so low that blood tests can't detect it anymore in some folks.
Drugs work to lessen the viral load of HIV within the body so the bodies natural immune system can regulate and control the virus. Since the body has less viruses the drugs also help control the spread to others. It's not a cure but a control to a chronic condition.

This is quite true, but with the Covid, if left untreated, most people get over it. Take away the medical science and the HIV will likely pave the path for something to kill due to a lack of an effective natural immune system. That said, hurrah for medical science!

Woody

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
100061588_3972287989479531_736017009233362944_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom