Official OSA COVID-19/Corona Virus Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Remember when people said it would go away when the weather warned up and folks spent more time outdoors?
Well, now it's mid June and look where most of the sharpest increases are occurring....Sun belt states where people are spending more time indoors to escape the heat.
Utah, Arizona, Texas, the Carolinas.

Right, because more testing, and "protesting" wouldn't have anything to do with that either. Do you honestly think people catch it by doing outdoor activities in wide open spaces LOL?

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Right, because more testing, and "protesting" wouldn't have anything to do with that either. Do you honestly think people catch it by doing outdoor activities in wide open spaces LOL?
Pretty sure I said Sun belt states where people are going back inside to avoid the heat.
You might have missed that part of my post.

Not just looking at infections, but hospitalizations too.
AZ ICU utilization is up to 86% right now.
People in AZ stay indoors a lot in Summer LOL.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Look at the percent positive which negates the number of tests. There is a slight increase in Oklahoma from last week to this week. I've seen a lot more people not taking common sense precautions. Couple that with the mass gatherings at protests and the Phase 3 re-opening, no one should be surprised that the cases (% positive) has started to increase.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
upload_2020-6-13_16-38-30.png
rt.live

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pretty sure I said Sun belt states where people are going back inside to avoid the heat.
You might have missed that part of my post.

Not just looking at infections, but hospitalizations too.
AZ ICU utilization is up to 86% right now.
People in AZ stay indoors a lot in Summer LOL.

Are you saying that sheltering in place is the problem, since you believe everyone is indoors?

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Look at the percent positive which negates the number of tests. There is a slight increase in Oklahoma from last week to this week. I've seen a lot more people not taking common sense precautions. Couple that with the mass gatherings at protests and the Phase 3 re-opening, no one should be surprised that the cases (% positive) has started to increase.

Right, hospitalizations have increased some but our ICU count is well below highs which weren't close to capacity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom