Official OSA COVID-19/Corona Virus Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The anti-body test is a blood test to determine if you have been infected in the past. What you had was testing to see if you are currently infected. And, yes, I thought that swab was gonna' come out the back of my skull. Seemed like he was drilling a well!
BTW - last I knew, OBI was still providing free anti-body testing with each blood donation.

Yea that is what I thought too but they said is was an anti-body test before trying to pull my brains out thru my nose.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
brooklyn.jpg

Looks like we will see some increases in NY some time soon too. :D

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Masks - A Major Tool for Slowing the Pandemic and Making Reopening Safe!

“There is no evidence that masks work”, I kept hearing repeated to me by the usual ***** calling themselves “evidence based” scientists. The point is that there is no evidence that locking the door tonight will prevent me from being burglarized. But everything that may block transmission could help. Unlike school, real life is not about certainties. When in doubt, use what protection you can. Some invoked the flawed rationalization that masks induce false confidence: in fact there is a strong argument that masks makes one more alert to the risks and more conservative in behavior.

Incompetence and Errors in Reasoning Around Face Covering
SIX ERRORS: 1) missing the compounding effects of masks, 2) missing the nonlinearity of the probability of infection to viral exposures, 3) missing absence of evidence (of benefits of mask wearing) for evidence of absence (of benefits of mask wearing), 4) missing the point that people do not need governments to produce facial covering: they can make their own, 5) missing the compounding effects of statistical signals, 6) ignoring the Non-Aggression Principle by pseudolibertarians (masks are also to protect others from you; it’s a multiplicative process: every person you infect will infect others).
https://medium.com/incerto/the-masks-masquerade-7de897b517b7

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Earlier I posted that the OBI wasn't always doing antibody testing, that's what they told me when I gave blood.
But today I got my antibody testing results in the mail; go figure. Negative.
So who knows? Will you get antibody testing? Flip a coin.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am weary of this stuff. How can they run around screaming like Chicken Little that we are all gonna die and then say it's okay to protest in massive groups?? I don't mind having to be careful. I mind following "rules" mindlessly just because some idgit feels like flexing his (or her) tiny muscle. I mind TPTB absolutely destroying small businesses because we can't be close to each other but it's okay for big business as long as they count you when you come through the door and squirt hand sanitizer in your general direction. What a world ...

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had an antibody test done today at one of the after hours clinics in Edmond. Paid for by insurance. I should have the results back tomorrow; Wednesday at the latest. I'm actually hoping it turns out positive for the antibodies which means I should have some resistance to that particular strain of the virus. I was surprised when the nurse told me there are four identified strains of the virus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom