Official OSA COVID-19/Corona Virus Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I started ordering online at Lowe's and taking advantage of free pickup in the reserved parking area.
It's very convenient and I don't enter the store.

While waiting in the parking lot I noticed just how busy they are.

Same here . . . wish my wife trusted the Sam's and Walmart shoppers enough to go that route for groceries.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here is a graph I follow from Johns Hopkins. It illustrates the percent positive tests - negates the increasing number of tests. Clearly, we are on an uptrend.

Covid-19.png

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
At a news conference on the 15th, Trump was asked about the wisdom of holding a massive rally in Tulsa this weekend and the reporter pointed out that the country health administrator had urged him not to hold the event. His response and that of VP Pence was to praise Oklahoma for the great job being done at reopening the state safely. I fear this rally could be a super-spreader event unless the great majority of people are wearing masks....I think we know that they will not be.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wonder if the effects of this corona virus varies by sex, race, blood type, health conditions, and any of the many variables between us all. I think it would make an interesting study that might lead to some tools to fight this virus or at least aid in identifying risk factors.

Woody

It appears that blood type does play what I see as a major role as to who is the most susceptible to the Covid and who is the least susceptible.

Blood Type and Covid

Woody

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
COVID 19 6-18-20.png

Twice the number of new daily cases today than we have reported in the the past.

Edit: WTF is wrong with people. Another few weeks of the simple virus precautions would have had this at significantly less infection levels. I'm amazed at the number of idots I see in the stores without masks or taking any precautions.

Last edited:

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
View attachment 165863

Twice the number of new daily cases today than we have reported in the the past.

Edit: WTF is wrong with people. Another few weeks of the simple virus precautions would have had this at significantly less infection levels. I'm amazed at the number of idots I see in the stores without masks or taking any precautions.

I dunno that people are getting it in stores, in fact I highly doubt it. My wife works in the ICU. I hear story after story from her on how these people got this and it's honestly just a lack of common sense, and I don't mean "WeAR YoUR mASk!"

For instance, another case was there was a group of young girls, one had it, and they all went out drinking at the bars and at some point shared a vape thingy which I'm sure had weed. Now all 5 have tested positive, well apparently at least one went to see their grandparents later on and one of them is now in the ICU.

I think previously mentioned this one, but there was a family where one member tested positive, they knew it and the rest of their family knew it. They decided to have a huge family function anyways and 8 member ended up testing positive 5 hospitalized, and 3 died.

Given we are probably seeing the results of everyone "protesting" and even completely disregarding any normal precautions, I'm not so sure being passed by asymptomatic people at Walmart has anything to do with it. As Walmart, Lowes etc has been open the whole time.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The wife and I have worn a mask a sum total of one time, and that is because Costco required us to wear one before going into their store. We've been in numerous stores including, Kohls, Walmart, CVS, and who knows what else. We are NOT having any problems, and we are even staying in hotels here in Indiana while doing our Summer work gig.

Granted, I may be 74, but I'm in pretty good health, except for a couple of arthritic knees. (Maybe it's my knees that have the Coronavirus?)

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We normally have a family reunion on the last Saturday in June at my uncle's 65 acre property in Eastern Oklahoma.
It's close enough to 4th of July that it's a combination reunion and holiday celebration with flags and ribbons hanging all over the farm.
Everyone brings food and 2 large picnic tables are covered with dishes, mostly BBQ and fried chicken with corn on the cob and for desert there is homemade ice cream or watermelon.
After lunch, everyone sits around in lawn chairs and catch up in conversation.

We aren't having a family reunion this year though.
2 of my aunts are in their 80's and 2 uncles are in their 70's, while several cousins are all in our 60's.
The great grand children won't get to enjoy the rented water slide this year.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
View attachment 165863

What if I said it's my right not to wear one, you can wear one.........as far as the idiot comment, hate to disappoint but covid will never totally go away and do you think if everyone wore a mask 24/7 it would? If we ban guns will people stop getting shot? Same concept.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What if I said it's my right not to wear one, you can wear one.........as far as the idiot comment, hate to disappoint but covid will never totally go away and do you think if everyone wore a mask 24/7 it would? If we ban guns will people stop getting shot? Same concept.
It is your right not to wear a mask. It's also your right to jump from the top of a building. Simply put, it's stupid not to take precautions where we can until treatments improve and possibly a vaccine is available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom