Official OSA COVID-19/Corona Virus Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm guessing here, but it sounds like it might be something that will attach itself to the Covid virus and alter its nature.

Woody

What I found interesting is that the size is so small that it diffuses better in the body and it won’t bind to human cells resulting in no side effects.

I know there is a ton of controversy regarding this Covid virus from a political perspective. But, I think the science of virus treatment and immunology is being rapidly pushed forward as a result of the attention it has gotten - a good thing for future medicine.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What I found interesting is that the size is so small that it diffuses better in the body and it won’t bind to human cells resulting in no side effects.

I know there is a ton of controversy regarding this Covid virus from a political perspective. But, I think the science of virus treatment and immunology is being rapidly pushed forward as a result of the attention it has gotten - a good thing for future medicine.
How about they apply this rapid testing to TB and influenza that kill many more than covid? Maybe even the common cold?
I applaud this effort and discovery though and am not trying to diminish anything in your post about this discovery. Perhaps it will lead to much more advancements beneficial to us humans.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How about they apply this rapid testing to TB and influenza that kill many more than covid? Maybe even the common cold?
I applaud this effort and discovery though and am not trying to diminish anything in your post about this discovery. Perhaps it will lead to much more advancements beneficial to us humans.

Totally agree.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The issue I see is the 100' long walls of cold and flu meds at walgreens that would go away if they found a vaccine. I don't see big pharma willing to sacrifice that golden cow.

That’s the truth - there is a hell of a lot more money to be made in treatment of symptoms than in producing a cure.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The issue I see is the 100' long walls of cold and flu meds at walgreens that would go away if they found a vaccine. I don't see big pharma willing to sacrifice that golden cow.
That’s the truth - there is a hell of a lot more money to be made in treatment of symptoms than in producing a cure.

I guess we need to search out who in politics is heavily invested in pharmaceuticals. I remember Hilary Clinton rose some eyebrows concerning pharmaceuticals back when she and Bill were "in power". I can't recall any particulars off the top of my head.

Woody

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom