Official OSA COVID-19/Corona Virus Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Informative site with fairly well updated numbers although it doesn't show the recent death in Tulsa yet.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

When you look at the cases that have had an out come, the results are 41% recovery and 59% death.

That is a whole different picture when you look at actual cases compared to a total population death rate percentage.
79cd0bb4e9f60d07975fc9c2bfef7fd6.jpg

Last edited:

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I gotta feeling that a shelter in place order is coming. Having a generator isn't a bad idea at all since we are entering tornado season. Can you imagine a tornado knocking out power while under a quarantine? :faint:
It would be a nightmare. Of course, anytime the electricity goes out it’s a nightmare. I always forget how spoiled I am when it happens. I was gonna get a stand-alone generator but they are way too expensive. For no more than the electricity goes out I couldn’t justify it. And now that I have my portable one and an interlock switch it has only went out twice. But that’s fine with me. But it is sure nice to have one when it does.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a well do it don’t matter. I was on city water before I bought my house out here and it was horrible. And we always got letters about the water being contaminated. Really makes you feel comforted to know the water they are supposed to treat is contaminated.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/18/politics/mario-diaz-balart-coronavirus/index.html

Reps. Mario Diaz-Balart and Ben McAdams have become the first members of Congress to test positive for coronavirus, a grim new indicator of the virus' aggressive spread.

"On Saturday evening, Congressman Diaz-Balart developed symptoms including a fever and headache. Just a short while ago, he was notified that he has tested positive for COVID-19," his office said in a news release Wednesday night.

The Florida Republican said in a statement that he is "feeling much better" but urged the public to take the virus "extremely seriously."

"We must continue to work together to emerge stronger as a country during these trying times," he said. Wednesday's statement did not detail how Diaz-Balart may have contracted the disease. He was the first lawmaker to announce a positive test.

Later on Wednesday evening, McAdams, a Utah Democrat, said he too had been diagnosed.
"Today I learned that I tested positive," he said in a statement released on Twitter. "I am still working for Utahns and pursuing efforts to get Utahns the resources they need as I continue doing my job from home until I know it is safe to end my self-qurantine."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom