OGE smart hours

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

-Pjackso

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I did it last year, but I won't do it again.

You will see a difference, but it's a life-style change. The effort is not to use 'less' energy, but rather use energy during 'off-peak' times.
They sell you off-peak energy really cheap (about 1/2 price), ...and during peak-time - the price is crazy expensive (up to 10x).
(peak-time usually runs until 7:00pm, if I recall correctly)

I had a stay-at-home wife with a newborn (toddler now).
Trying to cut back on AC usage during the crazy summer heat for my situation was a no-go.
(FYI - If you have an electric hot-water heater - look into a $40 hot water timer, helps a lot.)

Your situation might be better for it.
I recommend people to try it. It's certainly a good program - just not for everyone.

MyMonkey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not me! We just moved into the new house. It's a big house but a green home. HERS index of 67! Gas bill this month was $12.17. That is with long showers, two shower heads in master shower. Results from the tankless hot water heater. Love that thing! However, I assume when the heat gets here our electric bill will be astronomical. Considering we have 3 separate ac units.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have Edmond Electric, so this doesn't apply to me, but what's the difference between a programmable thermostat and OG+E's thermostat?

Smart hours is pricing based on time of use. The thermostat just let's you control your usage to save money. The one they give you with the smart hours program communicates with your smart meter to display current pricing information.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To me its another way for the power company to regulate when and how much electricity u can use and how much they will charge to use it. So im not signing up for it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom