OGE smart hours

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blckthree

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been on OG&Es residential flat rate billing for at least the last 5 years. I think I just started year 6. This is not average monthly billing. We keep a 2200 sq ft house at 66 or 67 pretty much year round with a 4 ton Rudd A/C and never set the thermostat back. My monthly electric bill is currently $205 for the next 12 months. That includes all taxes and fees and includes $12/month for our backyard security light. Same as a street light. We can use all the electricity we want and the bill is the same amount every month. I have a 25x30 shop I run a 12000 btu A/C in a lot when the weather gets hot. Every May they adjust the monthly fee for the next 12 months. So far it's gone up about $10 per month per year since they put me in this plan about 5 years ago. I can opt out of it when they adjust my rate in May every year. We have gas heat, hot water, and clothes dryer, and electric everything else. We have 2 refrigeraters running and a chest type freezer. I say fark Greenpeace. I use all the electricity I want.

Had OG&E's flat rate plan last year for the first time also. I'm sure I saved a bunch with the hot summer we had. It was going to raise about $10.00 a month this year and we had switched from an electric dryer to a gas dryer. Without the switch, I would have renewed again, but with the switch I thought I should give it a year for them to give me another figure next year. Besides, what are the odds of making out two years in a row with a really ot summer?

Mike

gl55

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had OG&E's flat rate plan last year for the first time also. I'm sure I saved a bunch with the hot summer we had. It was going to raise about $10.00 a month this year and we had switched from an electric dryer to a gas dryer. Without the switch, I would have renewed again, but with the switch I thought I should give it a year for them to give me another figure next year. Besides, what are the odds of making out two years in a row with a really ot summer?

Mike

With as warm a winter as we've had and SW Okla has already seen 100 degree temps, I'd say the chances are real good for another blistering summer. Plus you know what Al Gore has been saying.... :hot:

Latest posts

Top Bottom