ok ccw permit is one of the best

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
we are recognized in 35 states so far, and we recognize most if not all states permits..I don't think any other state can beat us...in other words, I was looking for an all encompossing permit and our is pretty much the best overall. Unless you intend to leave oklahoma for some ungodly reason, ours is perfect. just sayin'

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep.. If I have to pay a "user tax" to exercise my rights... this is the place to be.

Arizona hit the gun law homerun last week. For all the nonsense I've heard about the conditional open carry we are about to get I'd suppose NO REGULATION would be out of the question in this state. If we do this right... at some point in time, I hope we only pay the fee here in Oklahoma so that we can carry in those 30 odd other states until they figure things out and follow states like AZ and VT in allowing free citizens the choice to defend self and family with a firearm.

We would go into total revolt if OK wanted to "safety inspect" our pistols (ala Michigan) or went to the FOID card (ala Illinois)... but we think we have it made when we register the guns USER.

Ya know... the funny thing is -on one hand I am very proud I could pass muster and get past the SDA hoops... but on the other hand ... I am paying to be a law -abiding citizen.

Think about that.

PS... as broke as this State says it is with the decline in sales taxes... Don't you think we would be all over selling "out of state" Non Resident permits? What a revenue source.

jej

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK recognizes all other state's permits, so it is widely recognized in turn. That is a plus. OK is also a real "shall issue" state. That is a huge plus.

Saying it is the best - no, not even close.

Three states have "constitutional carry," no permit needed.

Some states allow open carry.

Some states allow carry on school and university grounds [Utah, I think, and maybe Colorodo] and in gov't buildings [AZ, I think] and if guns are banned anywhere, the must provide safe storage [AZ, I think].

Some states allow you to convert to a non-res if you move away.

Some states allow you to get a non-res to begin with.

Some states -Arizona, with a CCW [yes, you can still get one there] - allow the carry of any legal weapon, and lots of things are legal there. With a CCW, you can carry a billy, a shotgun, whatever, in addition to any pistol you care to name.

Some states give you a grace period when you move there, so you are covered by your old state's resident CCW until the OK one kicks in.

Some states will allow you to get your CCW based on proof of prior training and affirming that you have read their CCW laws. Having gone through many, weapons safety and CCW training programs in the past, I appreciated that Florida let me submit proof of that instead of sitting though another class.

It is good, but there is a lot of room for improvement in OK's SDA. I'm not holding my breath.

jej

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
guess if taken literally, then it could improve to perfect. My post was to say that OKlahoma is Ok in my book.

Latest posts

Top Bottom