Oklahoma ban on gay marriage ruled unconstitutional

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What I find amazing are all the things being found in the Constitution that were never meant to be there, and that are probably causing the people that wrote the Constitution to roll over in there grave. If not spin like a chicken on a rotisserie. Guess some of you are embracing that Living Constitution idea.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For all of yall saying we are a better state now and that we are going in in the right direction, I totally disagree. I think that is going in the wrong direction. I believe the main reason our country has went so far down the toilet is because God has been put last instead of first. But I know better than to try and argue that with people on here. We all have different beliefs. Mine just happens to be belief in God and his inspired word. Religion aside, a man being with a man or a woman being with a woman is sick. What's the deal, do we have a bunch of liberals in our state government and courts? Sad news for our state imho.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For all of yall saying we are a better state now and that we are going in in the right direction, I totally disagree. I think that is going in the wrong direction. I believe the main reason our country has went so far down the toilet is because God has been put last instead of first. But I know better than to try and argue that with people on here. We all have different beliefs. Mine just happens to be belief in God and his inspired word. Religion aside, a man being with a man or a woman being with a woman is sick. What's the deal, do we have a bunch of liberals in our state government and courts? Sad news for our state imho.

^^^This^^^ You are not alone!!!

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What I find amazing are all the things being found in the Constitution that were never meant to be there, and that are probably causing the people that wrote the Constitution to roll over in there grave. If not spin like a chicken on a rotisserie. Guess some of you are embracing that Living Constitution idea.

For once I agree. Whoever thought a ban on gay marriage was ever in the Constitution, man, that guy has a Living Constitution complex. Good thing it was never meant to be there and we got rid of it. Close call.

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

I just found out a couple of weeks ago that my daughter is a mud-shark. So I really am flippant about which way things go. I just hope the gays get what they want, I'd rather my daughter be a lez, than a shark. Sorry, wish I was more open minded. I've tried to be.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For once I agree. Whoever thought a ban on gay marriage was ever in the Constitution, man, that guy has a Living Constitution complex. Good thing it was never meant to be there and we got rid of it. Close call.

Amen.

I love it when so called conservatives and libertarians scream about the government being too involved in our lives and then demand that the same government get involved in deeply personal matters like marriage...

rebel-son

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
About time.

Equal rights for all, special rights for none!

I will agree with you 100% on that if it were true. Sadly it seems like it is not the case. It has often ( and is) being attempted to turn sexual preference into a special group while gays are supposed to make up like 5% of the population. I know the argument of "we don't vote on rigths". I disagree as we do all the time even if it comes down to voting for morons who nominate judges its still voting.

I can't see the votes of the voters of the state of Oklahoma trumped by a robed monarch when only 5% of the people are effected by it.

Another most won't probably think of is that Obama did not carry a county in Oklahoma, Utah is conservative as hell. I find it very interesting those states are going after first before PA that is more blue. I think liberals are tying to make a point that their agenda will be forced on us. Today its gay marriage ( to each their own. I ain't my think but neither is ketchup on eggs) tomorrow its gun rights. It really comes down to power and forcing people to accept something they don't agree with

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I just found out a couple of weeks ago that my daughter is a mud-shark. So I really am flippant about which way things go. I just hope the gays get what they want, I'd rather my daughter be a lez, than a shark. Sorry, wish I was more open minded. I've tried to be.
Whoa, this just got good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom