Oklahoma Budget Crisis

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ARnut

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is in 2011. $56,000,000 in compensation for school superintendents.

Cliff notes:
22 make more than the governor of the state. ($147,000)
202 knock down in excess of $100,000 per year.
Some are paid over $3000 per student while others are paid just over $1 per student.
One guy get $68,000 per year for 14 students.

Those oil companies need to atone for this!

Over 200 superintendents?! Holy crap. There is what, 66 counties in OK? No wonder the education system is bankrupt.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Over 200 superintendents?! Holy crap. There is what, 66 counties in OK? No wonder the education system is bankrupt.

There are actually 77 counties. And doing the math in this link below there would be 2282 superintendents in Oklahoma Schools K-12. I don't have any idea if that's accurate or not, but if so, it would explain an awful lot wouldn't it?
https://ballotpedia.org/Public_education_in_Oklahoma

Edit: The numbers don't seem out of proportion to other states, but again, I haven't a clue how accurate they might be.

Grendel

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In this thread we find out who went to school in Oklahoma, and who learned how to count.

In other news, the Oklahoma Legislature got right to work on fixing the state budget by making it a felony to perform an abortion.

I know that all politicians are inherently stupid, but ours really are the dumbest of the dumbest of the dumbest of the dumb. They make dog turds look like certified geniuses.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So the dims can't even go along with the GOP on a tax increase. I read in the paper today that the dimwits voted against a $1.50 increase in the cigarette tax. So we have the GOP now liking every tax increase they can think of and dropping every tax credit they can think of being stymied by the dimwits. Why? The GOP is trying to keep Medicare in the state up and running and the dimwits are pissed they can't use the money to expand it!

I swear you just can't make this stuff up!

All the GOP could think of was a cigarette tax?

ARnut

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In this thread we find out who went to school in Oklahoma, and who learned how to count.

In other news, the Oklahoma Legislature got right to work on fixing the state budget by making it a felony to perform an abortion.

I know that all politicians are inherently stupid, but ours really are the dumbest of the dumbest of the dumbest of the dumb. They make dog turds look like certified geniuses.

Nice jab there, but good thing I am not from Oklahoma. I went to school in New Mexico where they have a better education system than Oklahoma. Oh wait, I am supposed to talk like an inbred hill billy because I missed the post about how many counties are in Oklahoma, earlier in this thread.

Kyle78

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is it actually "has to" or just "does"? In other words, is there a documented requirement for her to buy these supplies, or does she actually do it voluntarily? I ask out of curiosity because I've heard this echoed so many times, and if there's a documented requirement she could perhaps write it off as an unreimbursed employee expense on her income tax. Doesn't solve anything but at least helps take some of the sting away - I had to do that several times when I worked for the federal government and wanted or felt I needed to have something for my job and they were "out of money".

The school has the students bring a certain supply list, but the parents usually don't buy enough to last a month. The school buy about 6 boxes of copy paper for the entire school. It's a extremely poor school/town.

Latest posts

Top Bottom