Oklahoma deputy kills family dog

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This happened because the Sheriff's Department received bad information saying the person they were looking for was at her home.

How often does this have to happen - not just to pets, but even homeowners? How long before that "oops, wrong house" bullsh*t gets a couple of deputies or other LEOs a dirt nap?

"Oops, wrong info. Not our fault. Sorry about your dog." Since this wasn't his first dog shooting, and the article clearly states that he wasn't "injured or attacked", maybe a cruelty to animals charge might be in order? Or is that another immunity of the badge?

gun001guns

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not going to give an opinion since we only have one side of the story, but I will its not trespassing if the officer believes the information he was acting off of is good and credible. With that said if he is acting off good faith and the dog was aggressive or attacked him then he had a reason to defend himself. Not saying he had reason to shoot the dog or that he didn't just that he was most likely there legally.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not going to give an opinion since we only have one side of the story, but I will its not trespassing if the officer believes the information he was acting off of is good and credible. With that said if he is acting off good faith and the dog was aggressive or attacked him then he had a reason to defend himself. Not saying he had reason to shoot the dog or that he didn't just that he was most likely there legally.

Really?
They better be gettin some good info, those country folks dont put up with too much "wandering around" on their property...Period

Latest posts

Top Bottom