Oklahoma deputy kills family dog

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One point I'd make is that the cop may have been snooping around where he shouldn't have Amd may have been breaking some laws doing so. That will eventually come out. Despite having 60 acres. Despite it being out in the country. Despite what country folk have been doing for generations. Maybe the dog would have been alive today if the owner of said pooch would have kept the dog in the house, in a dog run or on a line when no one is at home.

jsl_pt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One point I'd make is that the cop may have been snooping around where he shouldn't have Amd may have been breaking some laws doing so. That will eventually come out. Despite having 60 acres. Despite it being out in the country. Despite what country folk have been doing for generations. Maybe the dog would have been alive today if the owner of said pooch would have kept the dog in the house, in a dog run or on a line when no one is at home.

How about it's on their fu(%in& property and the dog has every damn right to do what it damn well pleases on said private property. Maybe they should have just kept it crated in a 1X1 crate just in case a cop decides to illegally enter the house too. Geesh what a dumb post. The damn dog would be alive today if the damn cop would not have been where he should not have been, and had no authorization to be!

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How about it's on their fu(%in& property and the dog has every damn right to do what it damn well pleases on said private property. Maybe they should have just kept it crated in a 1X1 crate just in case a cop decides to illegally enter the house too. Geesh what a dumb post. The damn dog would be alive today if the damn cop would not have been where he should not have been, and had no authorization to be!

That's why I'm getting a Lion.... maybe a couple cougars... they get along ok

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1) Did the LEO really shoot the dog?
2) With nobody home, do we know if the dog tried to attack the LEO and he fired to protect himself?
3) How do we know any of this is true?
4) Does anyone just have to post any bad story about cops for most of you to jump on the "Cop is guilty" bandwagon?

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Exactly, and those are all valid questions. I love dogs as much as anyone - after my last one passed I haven't had any more because it's just too hard to lose one. I just thought some of the earlier comments were interesting in context and wondered if people really intended to mean that animal should somehow get more "benefit of the doubt" than another person. I'm not completely sure which side of that question I'd necessarily come down on in every case, either. But I am pretty sure that if I was about to be attacked in a situation that I couldn't win and would be badly hurt in, I'd probably act to defend myself by whatever means I had at my disposal.

I don't particularly like many dogs and I was attacked by a chow when I was a kid. I've personally drawn down on a dog before. I didn't shoot the dog automatically because it was in range to bite me and both the dog and I walked away unscathed. I'm not sure I'd have shot it even if it just bit me, but I was ready if it attacked aggressively. I wouldn't necessarily disagree with anyone if they'd shot that dog under the same circumstances. But when it's a public employee acting in their official capacity, I think a certain level of care, owner notification and official reporting is never too much to ask when they discharge their firearm into a citizen's property, particularly one that is/was alive. :(

Latest posts

Top Bottom