Oklahoma Driver's Licence

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

awddsm

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
So this is a question for the LEO's out there (or anyone else who has insight on this). Seeing as I would like to be able to legally purchase firearms in Oklahoma and finish my conceal carry I need to get on the ball for this one.

I currently have a Colorado Driver's Licence, I have not gotten my Oklahoma DL because I do not have a copy of my birth certificate on hand (my parent's have one somewhere and to get one from LA county is a massive pain). I had an Oklahoma DL from 2002-2006, this being the case will I need to still get a copy of my birth certificate?

shootinpreacher48

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Now try to get a Birth Cert. without a DL, and you cannot get a DL without at Birth Cert. that was the case in Wyoming when i lived there, i was lucky and called the childrens home i grew up in and they had my Birth Cert.

steelhorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not sure how to help you with the B.C. but I believe(don't take this as the Gospel)that you can show proof of your OK residency by showing a water bill or other paperwork from a Gov. agency that shows your currently a OK resident in order to purchase a handgun. I don't think you have to have an OK driver's license in order to buy a long gun as long as you have a DL from a bordering state.

Tin Star Firearms

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just be aware the dealer can refuse to sell or transfer a gun if the identification is not what he/she normally will accept. They are never required to transfer a weapon.

Latest posts

Top Bottom