Oklahoma made the front page of Yahoo! (yeah, I know, but its still funny)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So the government that hates us, and is famously incompetent should be trusted to execute citizens?

There's a lot of scumbags that deserve death, but I have withdrawn my support for the death penalty simply because our government shouldn't be trusted.

trbii

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A Mini-14? He will shoot everyone around the target with the target walking away after the 20 round dump.
I was just remembering the effort I put into zeroing, practicing with a used Ruger Mini-14 I bought back in 1979. Groups fired from a rest at 100 yards resembled AK/SKS carbine results. Disappointing, frustrating for me. The model I had would occasionally fail to completely go into battery after firing a round, then I’d get a dead trigger. Tried heavier lube on the bolt cam that rode inside the charging handle, polishing that same milled out area, replacing recoil/action spring. Nothing remedied that hiccup. Sold it off. Bought a HK 93 from a co worker for $700. It ran flawlessly.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was just remembering the effort I put into zeroing, practicing with a used Ruger Mini-14 I bought back in 1979. Groups fired from a rest at 100 yards resembled AK/SKS carbine results. Disappointing, frustrating for me. The model I had would occasionally fail to completely go into battery after firing a round, then I’d get a dead trigger. Tried heavier lube on the bolt cam that rode inside the charging handle, polishing that same milled out area, replacing recoil/action spring. Nothing remedied that hiccup. Sold it off. Bought a HK 93 from a co worker for $700. It ran flawlessly.
Yeah, they just won't shoot for anything.

Fro

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My views on capital punishment is to give them one appeal then execute them within a week after the second appeal is over.
We should also do away with life sentences. If you do something bad enough you need to be permanently kept out of society then you need to be on death row and not a drain on our tax dollars.
These executions should be televised on public television and social media. If some of these teen and preteen future criminals watched someone getting executed, it may just make them think about their actions.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My views on capital punishment is to give them one appeal then execute them within a week after the second appeal is over.
We should also do away with life sentences. If you do something bad enough you need to be permanently kept out of society then you need to be on death row and not a drain on our tax dollars.
These executions should be televised on public television and social media. If some of these teen and preteen future criminals watched someone getting executed, it may just make them think about their actions.
Check out Ron Williamson and Dennis Fritz.

Then Karl Fontenot and Tommy Ward.

Louro

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I usually stay out of possibly contentious threads, but will comment here: I don't know anything about these death row cases, but am categorically opposed to capital punishment. We have all seen instances of death row inmates proven innocent. Undoubtedly some innocent people have been put to death. To me, the absolute HORROR of killing an innocent person obviate executions. I'm willing for my tax dollars to pay for their incarceration.

An acquaintance of mine spent 10 days in McCalester. He was raped ( he was 69, looked 90.) He told me about that prison and, believe you me, McCalester is Hell on earth. Let them live in He'll til they rot
What you expected to be Heaven in Earth? They go there for a reason. I Think every one in black and white case, like the Uvalde and Parkland school shooting should be FRY after the guilty verdict. No sense wasting money giving him 10 life terms. WTF is that?

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So the government that hates us, and is famously incompetent should be trusted to execute citizens?

There's a lot of scumbags that deserve death, but I have withdrawn my support for the death penalty simply because our government shouldn't be trusted.
This is basically where I am. Gov generally resembles a monkey **** a football and we think they are getting death sentences perfect? Joyce Gilchrist anyone??

Now, I also think max security prison should mean hard time. It should be boring and cheap and they should work their a*** off. Could probably be made to pay it's own way in a lot of instances.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, they just won't shoot for anything.
Funny thing is, they were not designed to be target rifles. Someone once said something along the lines of, The US builds target rifles, everyone else builds them for war. If a rifle can put most of it's shots inside a man size target out to 400 yards it is accurate enough and better than most people can shoot.

osu007

AKA: Fat Jack, Believer in God
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Funny thing is, they were not designed to be target rifles. Someone once said something along the lines of, The US builds target rifles, everyone else builds them for war. If a rifle can put most of it's shots inside a man size target out to 400 yards it is accurate enough and better than most people can shoot.
I have to chime in here on the mini’s. Me and several old law dogs purchased ours through , I believe Gene Sears. The first model. We had to pay and wait. This was back between 1974 to 1976. The ones we got, or at least the one I got was a superb shooter. It would out perform an ar15. I don’t know if he is still alive, but Sam Barnett witnessed me shoot a Jack rabbit at a distance he estimated to be 300 yards. That was in 1980. I have wished numerous times I had not sold that gun. I was also fresh out of the corps on the rabbit shot too. It shot lights out for anyone skilled with a rifle. Now the later versions, probably not as good.

Latest posts

Top Bottom