oklahoma rifle assoc basic pistol instructor course

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

huntermett

Marksman
Reaction score
hey guy's my wife and i went to shooting iron academy in shawnee and completed the ora basic pistol instructors course last weekend .
we had a blast, but what got me was the men who were there that said they were retired police officers that could not qualify at the range . these guys had their ccw permits and they couldnt score more than a 160 without additional coaching . the minimum score to qualify was a 212 . my wife who by the way was the only female there scored a 240 out of a possible 250, and she doesnt shoot as much as she should . so now we know why we hear about police encounters with bad guys and empty their guns and either totally miss or have limited hits on target . i know there are lots of other factors such as stress and confusion amongst others , but as we all know that if you put the time in practice you put more bullets on target . sorry guys i had to get some of that off my chest . by the way i scored a 250 out of 250 twice .
Huntermett

Rabbitcreekok

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
That's great. You will find teaching the classes to be very rewarding personally.

I am curious why you did not go the NRA Basic Pistol Instructors route. There are a lot of benefits derived from having that instructors title. I teach a lot of Basic Pistol Classes to folks who have never shot a gun but want to learn before they get their CWL. The advantage of the NRA Instructor is that I can list my classes on the NRA website and it is available to anyone looking for a class.

huntermett

Marksman
Reaction score
at the time we could not get anybody locally the would give up the info on the nra class
they acted like it was some kind of freaking secret so the wife found this course put on by the osa

Latest posts

Top Bottom