Oklahoma, sovereign state.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can see this thread going sideways at light speed. Fact is Oklahoma is the 7th most dependent state on federal funds. Oklahoma No. 7 in Reliance on Federal Funds - Oklahoma Watch
Even with that aid were also ranked 49th out of 50 in public education and we’re the 16th lowest paying state when it comes to teacher salaries. Teacher Pay by State 2022
We’re also ranked as the 7th poorest state by annual household income. Poorest States 2022
That said we are ranked on the top of one list, Oklahoma is the #1 producer of illegal marijuana. Now I love Oklahoma and mention all this only to refute the speculation that the only reason we’re in this situation is because we “fear” losing federal funding. All nothing more than a bunch of boisterous vibrato. I have yet to run across one of these so called “sovereign citizens” that can actually engage in a worthwhile conversation, rather they seem to believe through an onslaught of repetitious rantings they’ve gleaned off the internet their position can be made. Apparently in their world the loudest not logical argument wins the day. 43.3% of Oklahoma’s annual spending is funded by the federal government and just where do you think we’d be without that money? Have you driven the streets of Lawton lately? Nightly murders, teachers leaving by droves and absolute poverty everywhere you turn. I drive by houses that look like they have been condemned only to find that there’s actually someone living there. Roads are in disrepair and our infrastructure is falling to pieces. Just answer me one question, if we’re this bad off WITH Fed assistance what in God’s green earth would it be like without it? I’m a firm believer in bigger state and smaller Federal government but we’d better get our collective crap together before we ever can think about making that happen. I’d really like to know, just what’s your plan on making up this 43.4% instant deficit? I was taught “you had better make sure your own house is in order before you start pointing fingers at others.”
Rant over…..for now.😉

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I can see this thread going sideways at light speed. Fact is Oklahoma is the 7th most dependent state on federal funds. Oklahoma No. 7 in Reliance on Federal Funds - Oklahoma Watch
Even with that aid were also ranked 49th out of 50 in public education and we’re the 16th lowest paying state when it comes to teacher salaries. Teacher Pay by State 2022
We’re also ranked as the 7th poorest state by annual household income. Poorest States 2022
That said we are ranked on the top of one list, Oklahoma is the #1 producer of illegal marijuana. Now I love Oklahoma and mention all this only to refute the speculation that the only reason we’re in this situation is because we “fear” losing federal funding. All nothing more than a bunch of boisterous vibrato. I have yet to run across one of these so called “sovereign citizens” that can actually engage in a worthwhile conversation, rather they seem to believe through an onslaught of repetitious rantings they’ve gleaned off the internet their position can be made. Apparently in their world the loudest not logical argument wins the day. 43.3% of Oklahoma’s annual spending is funded by the federal government and just where do you think we’d be without that money? Have you driven the streets of Lawton lately? Nightly murders, teachers leaving by droves and absolute poverty everywhere you turn. I drive by houses that look like they have been condemned only to find that there’s actually someone living there. Roads are in disrepair and our infrastructure is falling to pieces. Just answer me one question, if we’re this bad off WITH Fed assistance what in God’s green earth would it be like without it? I’m a firm believer in bigger state and smaller Federal government but we’d better get our collective crap together before we ever can think about making that happen. I’d really like to know, just what’s your plan on making up this 43.4% instant deficit? I was taught “you had better make sure your own house is in order before you start pointing fingers at others.”
Rant over…..for now.😉
but i think where the argument lies is "this federal money comes with the condition that globohomo will ultimately conquer because your state will be held ransom otherwise".

and you see this all over. what good is federal money if your nation dies anyway? like what good is all that money for a non homogeneous nation that does not enforce immigration laws and has an illegal population that is more than the population of 24 states combined?

we don't have a nation. the federal money is just blood money to prop up a zombie corpse while they rosin up the fiddle.

if we're broke; we're broke. this is the best part about poor people, we don't live with the assumption we aren't poor. it's all of the people with someone to lose that are like OHHH NO NO NO THIS WOULD MEAN THE TRUTH IS EXPOSED AND MY FALSE WEALTH WOULD BE INSTANTLY DEVALUED WE CAN'T DO THAT.

that argument falls entirely flat on someone who has nothing to lose. get on my level lol.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree with you @joegrizzy, I’d just like to hear some actual solutions on how we’re going to get ourselves out of this federal dependence situation other than “we’ll just suck it up.” That ain’t much of a plan in my book. I can see it now “hey honey, I quit my job today.” To which she’ll ask “okay, how are going to make the house payment?” “Oh I got this all figured out dear. We’ll just suck it up.” 😂😂😂

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry guys, but you all fell for the 'KFOR BLINDERS" version of the story. The law doesn't make Oklahoma it's own spot, it just reiterates the sovereignty of the states from unlawful federal control. Here's the text:

: “The State of Oklahoma is an inseparable sovereign state, a part of the Federal Union known as the United States of America, and the Constitution of the United States is the supreme law of the land and any laws to the contrary are null, void, and of no effect in this state.”

KFOR isn't your friend.
You can't use civics here, nor law, nor of all things, the Constitution. That sh*t is for the birds, lol

TinkerTanker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree with you @joegrizzy, I’d just like to hear some actual solutions on how we’re going to get ourselves out of this federal dependence situation other than “we’ll just suck it up.” That ain’t much of a plan in my book. I can see it now “hey honey, I quit my job today.” To which she’ll ask “okay, how are going to make the house payment?” “Oh I got this all figured out dear. We’ll just suck it up.” 😂😂😂
Rick is going to see this post shortly and be delighted to tell you exactly how that'll pay the rent. 🤣

TinkerTanker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can't use civics here, nor law, nor of all things, the Constitution. That sh*t is for the birds, lol
I agree. So many young folks told me outright while I was still training (2020) that if they had a governor stand up and say "We're officially taking America back to it's roots. Let's gear up and go to DC" that they'd be on board. As Forrest Gump said, "That's all i have to say about that".

I pray that we'll get back to law and order the new fashioned way of words and gestures, but I am genuinely concerned that we'll be playing "America vs Washington/California/New York/Virginia" in a civil war again before my grandchildren are my age.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rick is going to see this post shortly and be delighted to tell you exactly how that'll pay the rent. 🤣
Oh boy. 🫣
I just know as a kid it was frowned upon to complain about something without having thought it through and offering a legitimate solution. And I do agree with gist about all the civics part of this discussion, it’s the economics part I don’t see working out to well.

Last edited:

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh boy. 🫣
I just know as a kid it was frowned upon to complain about something without having thought it through and offering a legitimate solution.
The biggest issue we have to address is one that no politician or state department head will ever agree to. We need FULL transparency of every citizen and Federal dollar, where it enters the system and every pit stop it makes until it leaves the system. When I say we will have to suck it up and face our fear, I am saying we need to take a serious look at our current situation as a state economy, where we are spending money that isnt sourced from our own production and if that program's expenditure can be justified and is it a current priority. Once we know how much of the Federal money is spent on truly necessary programs, we can go through the same process with our state dollars. We don't even have a glimpse of enough information at this point to know if there would be any real hardship for anyone other than politicians and their cronies.

It really isnt any different than having a "come to Jesus" meeting about household finances. There are some more commas and more dependencies, but the fundamentals are the same.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@wawazat now that I’m on board with, there needs to be complete accountability. True story, the NEA (National Endowment of the Arts) back when, I can’t remember the exact year, they were funding some disgusting pig with federal dollars that had “sculpted” Christ’s mother Mary in Elephant dung. Turned my stomach. And some POS actually paid $4+ Million for that trash. Virgin Mary portrait using elephant dung sells for $4.5 million

Latest posts

Top Bottom