Oklahoma Speed Limits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, you are saying you are special and that truckers are second class drivers? Just remember that anything you order online probably is arriving in some way on a truck. Same with stuff you buy at a grocery store, and also just about any other product. But, they should stay in the right lane so you have privileges?
It’s for safety.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That’s why trucks should be right lane only, no passing. They don’t save much time anyway, so they might as well stay to the right. It would be much safer for everyone else and we could actually get somewhere.
So, when trucks are restricted to the right lane, and you are trying to merge on from the onramp, and the big trucks aren't permitted to get out of your way,
who are you going to blame then ?

perfor8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, when trucks are restricted to the right lane, and you are trying to merge on from the onramp, and the big trucks aren't permitted to get out of your way,
who are you going to blame then ?
When merging, I have no silly expectation of trucks getting out of my way; I yield.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have driven all over this great nation and have seen poor drivers everywhere. They are certainly in the minority, and for the most part travel has been enjoyable. Sometimes I may have to slow a bit more than I would like, but I have been able to get everywhere I intended.

The ones I don't understand are the folks that feel the need to speed on city streets. They certainly aren't going far enough for the speed differential to make any difference, and they can't all be doctors headed to hospital to deliver a baby.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
I tell ya, when you think about how many cars are on the highway, how close together they are, how fast they are going, and everything going on inside them, it's a wonder there aren't more crashes than there are.
Most dangerous thing anyone does each day is get in a motor vehicle. The biggest leap of faith you take daily is that everyone else will obey laws and aren't drunk or incapacitated. Its amazing how many drunk and high drivers there are at all times.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have driven all over this great nation and have seen poor drivers everywhere. They are certainly in the minority, and for the most part travel has been enjoyable. Sometimes I may have to slow a bit more than I would like, but I have been able to get everywhere I intended.

The ones I don't understand are the folks that feel the need to speed on city streets. They certainly aren't going far enough for the speed differential to make any difference, and they can't all be doctors headed to hospital to deliver a baby.
You are right. Can't all be doctors headed to deliver a baby. At least one was a doctor that was going to a scene to do a field amputation to save a patients life. Some can be firemen headed to the station to get in a fire truck.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You got the point. The majority of those folks that feel the need to speed in the city are none of those that actually need to.
No, my point is it is none of my business and I don't care. Lot of legitimate reasons... pipeline operators responding to a pipeline rupture...doctors responding to any kind of emergency.
Some people have nothing to worry about besides making sure to get to the bathroom before it is too late. Others have a lot of responsibilities.

Latest posts

Top Bottom