Oklahoma teacher-gun bill derailed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abajaj11

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think Ford is up for reelection in 2016. We need to make sure he is NOT re-elected, but is replaced with someone who is more firendly to our kids' safety.
The only language these folks understand is votes.
:)

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would like to punch this guy right in the face for not allowing this to be heard. He said that he listened to the "experts" and they didn't mention having guns in schools. Because we all know that when someone is an expert that they can do no wrong. What a joke. I am tired of things being ran by a bunch of morons. How hard is it to see that when you leave a school a gun free zone nuts will continue to kill children there.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It would be very good to read the report, if it is available somewhere. Otherwise when we disagree with Senator Ford's decision to kill the bill, we can be criticized as being "uninformed."

Others have already criticized the list of Commission members. Let me add that a psychologist involved in heading up the effort to detect potential mass killers before they act, is not going to say, "What we do does not work well enough." Likewise the Chief of Tulsa Public Schools Campus Police is not going to say they can't do the job either. Those who have "credentials" plus turf to defend are going to speak up the loudest and sway the others.

mons meg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Exactly, Dale, which is why my cynicism knows no bounds when it comes to envelope-pushing legislation like this. IMO, the Commission was selected with an outcome in mind, to provide cover for legislators who want to keep their NRA A rating without having to rock the boat.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It would be very good to read the report, if it is available somewhere. Otherwise when we disagree with Senator Ford's decision to kill the bill, we can be criticized as being "uninformed."

Others have already criticized the list of Commission members. Let me add that a psychologist involved in heading up the effort to detect potential mass killers before they act, is not going to say, "What we do does not work well enough." Likewise the Chief of Tulsa Public Schools Campus Police is not going to say they can't do the job either. Those who have "credentials" plus turf to defend are going to speak up the loudest and sway the others.

See Bold -- it ALWAYS depends on whose ox is gored.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
See Bold -- it ALWAYS depends on whose ox is gored.

Chief Ruddick was not necessarily against underfunded rural districts having non-LE or security officers carrying in schools, but his primary concern adding additional officers as a primary resolution. However, I'm sure the first part wasn't exactly emphasised (or even mentioned) when Dr. Ballard gave him his marching orders.

You don't bite the hand that feeds you. Not when you reach that level anyway. :(

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is a pure chickensh*t response.
Michael Brown

My thoughts exactly. The second I read this article.

Now then........ I would like to hear his response if something happens within the next year or so before this brain trust figures out what's the answer.
God forbid another tragedy happens. But if it did how did waiting help us protect our kids?

All these people keep ignoring the real fact that teachers are the last line of defense for the kids. Not saying teachers are the only answer. Just hey if everything else fails, there they are.

OSU_Chris

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
POS Ford needs to be called and informed that when an incident does happen in an Oklahoma school that he will be held personally responsible. I am sick and tired of these worthless politicians thinking they know best. We elected you, you better GD listen to what the people want or we will put you out on your @ss. This includes the worthless POS's that comprised the board.

It makes me sick to my stomach to think that I voted for Prater in his first election.

Latest posts

Top Bottom