One way to cut healthcare cost,

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have yet to understand why men continue to want to tell women what to do. It seems the majority of the people against abortion are against it for religious reasons (life is precious, God says it's wrong, etc.). If my sister, mother, aunt, grandma, or other female relative had an abortion I would not judge them for their decision. But that is their decision, not mine, and they would have to live with the consequences and their conscience. If you want to adopt all the children who would have been aborted and support them for 18 years and send them to college, please be my guest but don't judge someone because they are unable to take care of a child.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Agreed but it was the only web site I could find the piece at. Found pieces of it scattered all over the web but wanted to link the whole thing.

As for some previous post, I find it interesting that something happening today has to be compared to something we stopped 30 to 40 years ago. Maybe we are more advanced then many thought?

Rick, the title of this thread is: One way to cut healthcare cost,

Or are you saying the thread is really about abortion so you used a misleading title?

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rick, the title of this thread is: One way to cut healthcare cost,

Or are you saying the thread is really about abortion so you used a misleading title?

No I am saying that the UK is aborting children to save on healthcare cost instead of taking care of them and dealing with the cost like we do. We could argue for months about if it is right or wrong but it does slant the picture of overall cost and infant deaths.

I have no idea why you brought about something we stopped doing decades ago. It was wrong and we outgrew it.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe they should sterilize babies that are born to unwed mothers, because those children might grow up unguided?
Or, what about aborting babies that are born to crack moms, because most likely they'll have a lifetime of problems.
Or, what about aborting babies born to low income families, because they might not have the money to keep off welfare?
Maybe we should sterilize men that go around impregnating women out of wedlock and don't take care of the baby?
WOW!
I din't think men should even be involved in the abortion decision. The mother should be the ONLY one to decide.

And who is the advocate for the baby? Since, mom is clearly contemplating murder..no wait it sounds nicer to say pregnancy termination...she isn't much of an advocate for the second person directly involved in this discussion.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No I am saying that the UK is aborting children to save on healthcare cost instead of taking care of them and dealing with the cost like we do. We could argue for months about if it is right or wrong but it does slant the picture of overall cost and infant deaths.

I have no idea why you brought about something we stopped doing decades ago. It was wrong and we outgrew it.
Does NOT say that part in red in the OP. You assume that.

It could be that parents chose to abort rather than bear the burden and possible stigma.
In China, parents frequently abort female children because they want males. Has NOTHING to do with the cost of healthcare for female children.

.45Fats

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does NOT say that part in red in the OP. You assume that.

It could be that parents chose to abort rather than bear the burden and possible stigma.
In China, parents frequently abort female children because they want males. Has NOTHING to do with the cost of healthcare for female children.

Yay I'm gonna jump into the mess too!!!

While this is possibly the most biased article I have ever read(probably) the OP did read it and it is noted at the end of the article that at least one of the people interviewed shared the same belief...

“The argument for transparency is all the stronger because nearly all abortions for disability are paid for by the taxpayer, and unlike most NHS procedures, they are not done to achieve any health benefit, but to cut the cost of caring for disabled people,” Ozimic concluded.

and now back to your regularly scheduled poo flinging...

Latest posts

Top Bottom